Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Starting Big School Tomorrow Uni!

katehart

Starting Uni tomorrow,

Couldn't wait to start the Foundation Degree and now it is here. I AM NOT SO SURE!!!!

The thought of writing essay's, deadlines and coping with the workload scares me to death. I need to learn how to do grown up writing too

Any advice would be very helpful

Kate

Starting Uni tomorrow,

Couldn't wait to start the Foundation Degree and now it is here. I AM NOT SO SURE!!!!

The thought of writing essay's, deadlines and coping with the workload scares me to death. I need to learn how to do grown up writing too

Any advice would be very helpful

Kate

Kate, I felt like that, too!

On Thursday, I'll be starting my 3rd year of my FD :o

Don't know where the time went and I've really enjoyed it - lots of support from Uni with study skills and loads of help, support, advice and cheerleading from all the lovely peeps on here :(

The only advice I can offer is to do the work as it is set to avoid last minute panic ( xD do as I say, not as I do!!) and always keep some reading with you. I've read in the car waiting outside school for my daughter, Dr's waiting room, while the babies are asleep (I'm a childminder).... any spare moment!

Good Luck, let us know how you get on.

Nona

Hi katehart

Im just about to start my second year so i kno how you feel and understand those nerves. My best advice would be to take each week as it comes- attend every lecture/session, and read read read. Take each essay as it comes too and dont stress about what everyone else is doing!! good luck luv

vicki

I managed to get through my first day and really loved it. I did toss and turn last night and felt really sick this morning, but i still enjoyed uni very much. I even went to the library and had a good look at what books were available. Had a nice cup of coffee and soaked up the uni life.

Only one thing i am 40 years old and have two lovely children, so no night life for me.

thanks Kate

• 4 weeks later...

I am also beginning my second year and I can truthfully say that I felt the same going in to begin year 2 as i felt beginning year 1..nervous...will i cope...how will i cope.... BUT I got through year 1 !!! so once I told myself that I calmed down.

I am also a childminder and there have been times when this has been a great advantage to me, so good luck Kate and use all resources available even here, I do xxxxx

It's hard work, but worth it in the end!

Over the past 4 years I've done the FD, then the BA, then the GTP, now an NQT in a reception class.

I loved my days out at uni, getting together with my 'uni pals', looking back on it, I think the social side outweighed the workload. My advice is to create a group email with your uni colleagues so you can keep in contact about assignments etc.. this was a lifeline for me, especially when I was feeling overloaded...it was nice to know I wasn't the only one!

Thank you !!!!

I am now into my 4th week at uni and I have to write a benchmark statement that has to be in on Tuesday and only just started it. Word court 750 words that not bad, is it? I haven't written a essay for years, so a little out of practise.

It has been a little difficult, because I was already doing a 6 weeks City and Guilds course (families going forward), for work, which is run by CWDC. The course and Uni crossed over, which wasn't what I wanted, but I had to do the course.

It had involved a lot of work and I could only focus on one at a time and the course finishes this coming week thank goodness. As soon as I hand in my portfolio, I will feel much happier,

I did enjoy the course very much and learnt a lot and some of the work I did for the course will come in very useful for Uni.

Good luck everyone in your studies

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)