Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Co-chairs?

Hi All,

Does anyone know if you are allowed to have 2 people sharing the role of Committee Chair in a charity Pre-school? If so who is then the 'named person/registered person?" can it be both?

Thanks.

Hi Edlee we are committee run and we have had a chair and a vice chair at the same time. With regard to the registered person we have now changed it to the supervisor of the setting as committees can change every year, and paperwork can get lost in transit. Ofsted were more than happy for us to do this as they have always spoken to the supervisor on the telephone anyway we just rang them to change it. :o

Pretty sure you can say it is the Committee who is the registered provider but you then have a nominated person for correspondance.

I recently spoke to our EY dept about the fact the paperwork went to the wrong address AGAIN! I was told that they can only post to the address registered with the Family services, so spoke to them, and found after running for 40 years we didnt exsist. All sorted now. And yes you can have a vice chair.

Hi Edlee we are committee run and we have had a chair and a vice chair at the same time. With regard to the registered person we have now changed it to the supervisor of the setting as committees can change every year, and paperwork can get lost in transit. Ofsted were more than happy for us to do this as they have always spoken to the supervisor on the telephone anyway we just rang them to change it. :o

Hi, I know Ofsted keep saying different things to different people, but I'm afraid that I have been told categorically by both my LEA and Ofsted that as Chair I MUST be the nominated person. Our setting had changed it to the supervisors, for the same reasons as you did, but I was told that was not acceptable and might cause us to fail an inspection. I have had to have a suitable person interview which was hilarious because she didn't expect me to know what I was talking about and I ended up quizzing her about a few really complicated questions I had wanted answers to for a long while.

If you've been advised differently, I would definitely make a note of the name of the person who told you that, and I'd be inclined to double check with your LEA as well.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, I think this whole system is stupid but it will probably change shortly anyway!!

We've had a chair and vice chair for the past two years. This year two people wanted to be chair together so we have two joint chairs. Our PDO was present at the AGM and she said that was fine as long as we let Ofsted know who all the committee members were, their roles and who was stepping down. Most of our Ofsted correspondence comes to our secretary anyway.

Rachel

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)