Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ok, Need Help With Logos

Cait

At Preschool, each child has their name badge with a specific logo, particular to them. You know the kind of thing, Connor has a cat, Aaron has an ambulance - that type of thing. As far as possible we go with the initial sound of the child's name - that helps other children to locate something too.

Well I'm stuck on 3 children for September, I've got Nathan - I thought of nest, but it only looks like a nest with eggs in, and then it might be misconstrued as eggs. I've got Eleanor, which could be eggs, but, hmm, I've already got elephant for someone else. I'm stuck on Nina too - I think I'm brain dead! So there's Nathan, Nina and Eleanor if anyone has any good ideas.

It can't be something which could be thought to be something else, so an eagle could be a bird, and it's a bit too much eeee really.

I realise I have 6 weeks for this, but, you know what it's like.........

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

e is tricky as it needs to sound like the initial E sound in Eleanor - envelope????

N- nose , nail ( finger or type you hammer in ) , necklace ????

Hhumm... how about...Nathen = Newt, Eleanor = Emu (might be confused with ostrich though!) or Eagle (but children may say bird!), Engine - Nina = Nightingale (another bird I'm afraid !)...I'll keep thinking...

Nail varnish, knitting needles (and wool), net (as in fishing or butterfly)

All the 'eees' have already been mentioned.

I too have this problem (I remember a bumper year for Alexes which caused me no end of worry). It seemed like a good idea at the time... :o

Maz

It seemed like a good idea at the time... :o

Maz

yes - last year we had 3 Harleys and a Harvey! xD

And you get the awkward ones like Aoife, that start with an eee sound!

I'm going to sit with a dictionary for a while today i think - there must be something!

quick edit - is there a TV character - I'm not completely up to date on them!

Edited by Cait