Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Qa Schemes

Buttercup

Had a lovely visit from Ofsted this weeks quite out of the blue they were at school but said because we were private they would not visit us. Checke SEF still active then blow me 10.00 thurs morn they came. It went really really well I am frustrated cannot tell parents the knews especially being end of term. Any way we are doing Bristol standard but she suggested other schemes we may like to do.

Flying high

Go 4 It

Growing in quality

If i have not got enought to do already.

Has anyone done any of these or know how I get info about them. I know they are not compulsory but I am a glutten for punishement.

Buttercup

Hello buttercup

Was she just making polite conversation, talking about other QA schemes as suggestions? It seems very strange to me for you to do another if you have done your LA's; unless of course those that have been suggested are for a particular area of your work as I know there is the "I Can" which I'm not sure but I think that this one is specifically for Speech and Language.

Sorry so many questions but it does seem strange for an Ofsted inspector to offer advice, from my experience they (Ofsted) have a mantra of "only being able to inspect and are not allowed to offer advice"

BMG

You are a glutton for punishment!!

We did the Cumbria QA scheme, and yes, it was hard work, but I think it drew the team together well as they learned a lot more about the behind the scenes stuff and why we do things the way we do

Hi,

I have done the Pre-school Learning Alliance scheme Reflecting on Quality.

There are lots of reflective reports to write so a bit like a SEF, reporting on what you do and where the evidence is in your setting.

I think they do help the Ofsted process although they are a lot of extra paperwork and cost. :o

I have done Bristol Standards and found it quite adequate for the job . Maybe she just has a dislike for it or had a like for a particular one..

they all have good and poor ways of working.. I did research several before doing one , and found it the best for us. Also helped we got it free and LA paid for it..

It was hard work but once underway we found it a good method of reflection on practice..

I know htye no longer do this as out lEA brought out thier own, but it is based on the Bristol standard..

and the setting only do this NO SEF! ( and got outstanding-) It is only doubling up on work if you do an accreditation or any self evaluation scheme you do not have to do SEF as well... cut down on the paperwork.. one or the other is all that is needed.. so long as you reflect on practice and show how you do it ... (I do know on their Ofsted she didn't even look at any of the self evaluation stuff!)

Inge

Yes she was only making polite conversation it was not a recommendation. I can only give praise to this inspector she was so nice from the moment she walked in to the moment she left.

I am so thrilled with the result thats probably why i think she is wonderful

Buttercup

Well done Buttercup and team. I would say just stick with what you have got. Afterall, it's 3 years until next inspection and I suspect that quite a lot will change with regards to Ofsted in that time. The rumour in our LEA is that they expect early years to fall back out of Ofsted and and back under LA/social services control. This may well be wishful thinking on their behalf, but neverthless I do believe that change is on the way (yet again!!!) and am going to just sit tight and wait and see for a while.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)