Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Removing Dough!

Hi, we had an ice cream parlour today as our role play using play dough and salt dough as the ice cream to go in the cones. Only problem is it went everywhere, inside and outside and we're a pack away setting! Help! Does anyone have any good tips for cleaning up dough? Do I wait til dry and scrape? Or is there a better solution? We're talking wooden floors and rubber matting. I'm a messy pup I know!

You can either use lots of water and wash it away or wait until it's dry and scrape - it's not too hard to get rid of if it's just basic playdough

Not that this will help at all with the dough situation,

but when we have an icecream parlour we have it with washing up liquid whipped up to a mass of froth!! The children can then spoon it into cones, dishes etc. A squirt of watered down paint makes for good syrup/ sauce on top!!

but when we have an icecream parlour we have it with washing up liquid whipped up to a mass of froth!! The children can then spoon it into cones, dishes etc. A squirt of watered down paint makes for good syrup/ sauce on top!!

Wow! What a great idea. Will definetely use it tomorrow.

Thanks.

Thank you for your comments, we had the rain over night and some dough went, and the rest I brushed/scraped up outside bar one random soggy patch. Inside it had moulded to the floor and had to be mopped and scrubbed!

Washing up liquid is an amazing invention so many uses!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)