Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Disciplinary Procedures

Hi

We are looking to update our grievance and disciplinary procedures and our contracts... how do others go about updating theres........ours are so old, we adopted them from the PSLA years ago but into days climate there just not good enough and have many flaws as i have discovered to my cost... so really need to get this right?????????

where do others get theres from?????? we are only a committee run pre-school so have no HR dept!!!!!!!

Hi

Why don't you just buy the new PLA book and download them. I think its about £12 but will save you much more than that it time and effort.

Do you know what book they are in, i have the policies book but its not in there?????????

Guest Spiral

Hello,

We felt this area was a minefield. It all changes so much, so as a team, we made a decision to refer to the latest guidance.

Therefore all contracts read the same; Please refer to the latest guidance from Acas for the current discuplinary/grievance procedures.

We felt we have wasted so much time/paper constantly updating it all that we were constantly out of touch.

Hope that helps,

Spiral.

google it.....many setting now have their policies and procedures on their websites for parents/carers to access.....I know we do.......

Guest jenpercy

one thing that it is easy to fall foul of is your list of gross misconduct. We are just going through motions with someone who shouted at a child. I would like to dismiss - but it is not in this list. Previously, I tried to dismiss someone who brought in a union rep, and not only did I have to reinstate her AND wipr out the offence completely, but I have now to be very careful with her - can't offer her redundancy etc.

i have had similiar problems which is why i'm looking at updating...... have been told i need to have the words 'non contractable' in my contract for the disciplinary and grievance but not sure where to put it................................this was advice given by acas........have searched acas website and internet looked at sooo many contracts and i'm now totally confused.....................................................

Guest jenpercy
i have had similiar problems which is why i'm looking at updating...... have been told i need to have the words 'non contractable' in my contract for the disciplinary and grievance but not sure where to put it................................this was advice given by acas........have searched acas website and internet looked at sooo many contracts and i'm now totally confused.....................................................

Can you explain what these words refer to?

• 7 months later...

Just trying to update our policies and the Disciplinary Policy is the only 'PLA downloaded' one and it must be from the year dot, none of us understand it.

having done a forum search this post seems the most relevant......could anyone tell me how they have written theirs please or have everyone done the "will contact ACAS for upto date advice" wording?

I have to say that suits me, but would Ofsted be ok with this??

many thanks