Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Funding Rates Incl "topping Up" To 15 Hrs

eyfs1966

Would anyone be able to share their funding rates for 15 hrs with me. Our LEA is proposing our normal 12.5 hr rate, but an extra funding level (at higher rate) for the aditional 2.5 hrs we are required to deliver from Sept.

What are your local LEA's doing??

Look forward to your reply.

We'll be getting £3.40 an hour for each of the 15 hours, but there will also be a quality and deprivation supplement paid separately at the end of each term in a sort of part implementation of the EYSFF.

I think the quality supplement is going to settings with a graduate, but don't know what the criteria for the deprivation supplement are. Don't know the amounts either.

HTH :)

In Kent our rate was £3.76 last year (to end of March, pre EYSFF) for 12.5 hours. We will be moving to 15 hours in all settings in September, currently only those on two "pilot" groups in the areas with highest levels of deprivation offer 15 hours.

Now we get £3.80 per hour basic with a number of supplements; .10p for sessional, .30p for having an EYP, .90p for a teacher employed under teacher pay and conditions and a supplement for deprivation using the same system that our LA calculate the areas for schools (I get .2p for this).

We will also be having a quality payment based on acheiving or maintaining a good or outstanding Ofsted outcome, this will come from a set amount being divided between all that qualify and will be paid in the Autumn; we can use this as we please so I'm planning on splitting it up amongst my staff as a bonus - shhush don't tell, I want it to be a surprise!

Next thing to be looked at is rewarding "flexibility" which may be introduced next April.

Does this help?

Oh and we don't have to wait for any of htese we get an "interim" payment on the first day of terms 1, 3 and 5 based on an estimated headcount submitted the term before e.g term 6 for term 1 payment. We then get a balancing payment on the first day of terms 2, 4 and 6 based on an actual headcount submitted the term before e.g term 1 for payment first day of term 2. Any leavers or joiners are adjusted for too, can't remember when that happens though!?

BMG

gloucestershire - £3.22 :(

No single funding formula in Gloucestershire then fimbo? And no enhancements for anything at all?

As P3 says, appropriate smiley. Althoug personally Id have added xD and :o

Maz

£3.70 from September. No mention of any additional funding. Derbyshire.

Also been told if child attends school even for only one session - school will get ALL funding so from 2011 this will have a big impact on providers as we are moving from 2 term to single term entry.

korkycat :o

I have no idea I'm afraid what the average is. From what I do know, however, ours are the lowest in the area and are just a little less than that, but only by pence. When we get children transferring to us when they are 2, they comment that our weekly fees for five mornings are what they were paying for a day at their previous setting.

Edited by Cait

When we get children transferring to us when they are 2, they comment that our weekly fees for five mornings are what they were paying for a day at their previous setting.

So the low rate of funding won't impact on your profitability very much then?

not really, there's no 'profit' as such anyway. But it will be hard for some others, bearing in mind that it's lower than the funding was before SFF

Guest BusyBeesBath

Bath and North East Somerset will pay (as from September 2010)

Basic hourly rate £3.55 for all providers

Deprivation Supliment for children in top 20% deprived areas as ranked nationally 34p per hour per child

Quality of Leadership Supliment (Schools & Nurseries only) 20p per hour per child

Flexibility Supliment for providers open for more than 5 1/2 continuous hours per day, five days per week, for at least 38 weeks per year - 10p per hour per child.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)