Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Dairy Free Chocolate

Right, thinking caps on xD we're making chocolate nests tomorrow but have a child who's not allowed milk or egg, even in biscuits. Where can I get some dairy free chocolate in a hurry?? :o:D

we had same problem last year.

We used the following instead.

4oz butter, 4 oz toffee bar, 4 oz marshmallows melted in a sucepan and then add the cereal, rice crispies work well. not sure if this will work in a microwave never tried it but they are yummy.

All children had this instead and we put in eggs of chocolate for those who could have them and made ones of fondant icing for the others.

Inge

use margarine for dairy free

:) Health food shops often sell dairy free mini eggs (whizzers) and dairy free chocolate fotballs. I had a child last year with a dairy allergy when we made Easter nests I used just plain chocolate as there is no milk product in this. If you have a waitrose near you they have dairy free chocolate bunnies for Easter but they are quite expensive.

You can make the nests with melting some butter/marg adding a bit of syrup and cocoa powder. you would have to experiment with the quantities but they aren`t too critical

Butter isn't dairy free tho is it. Use marg instead but made from pure olive or sunflower. Sweets also need careful checking as there are hidden ingredients. My NNEB is Vegan so she is very very particular about the content of recipes.

I like to but free trade when ever possible mundia, although I always have a dilema in Sainsburys over the banana's. Either fair trade OR organic, not both, so I try alternate.

We used dark choc and marshmellows today and dad was happy with that, so thanks for your help everyone. :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)