Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

38 Weeks Funding -inset Days ?

fimbo

we claim for 38 weeks funding, 190 days per year, are we able to use any of those days as inset /training days , or for parent meeting days -or do we actually have to run a 'proper' session for each of those 190 days?

we were not allowed any in the 190 days.. we had to be open for all of them, if we closed for any reason we had to open an extra day or return the funding for the day..

so do check.. as usual all are different..

Inge

I suspect we don't as I would have heard on the 'jungle drums' but it may plant a seed of thought with the powers that be- spesh since the SFF is supposed to even up the balance between private and LA settings. we shall see :o

i have just re-read my lovely glossy 'free for 3&4' file, and it states that 'no adjustments will be made for any inset days taken, up to a total of 5 days per school year' -so i presume that means if we can have up to 5 inset days without losing funding ?

I suspect we don't as I would have heard on the 'jungle drums' but it may plant a seed of thought with the powers that be- spesh since the SFF is supposed to even up the balance between private and LA settings. we shall see :o

LA settings are open to children for 190 days. The five INSET days are on top of that, so the staff do 195.

LA settings are open to children for 190 days. The five INSET days are on top of that, so the staff do 195.

agree with that, the kids attend the same amount of days.

Am I right in thinking though that LA staff are paid those extra 5 days from grant funding, whereas ours would have to come out of daycare money

I'm not sure exactly how non-LA funding works. EY's Grant funding is only part of the funding to an LA setting, which has various different pots, as in most cases they are attached to a school. People employed by LA's also have to work to the LA's policies and contractual requirements re pay, holidays, sick pay, leave of absence etc. etc. All maintained settings and/or schools have to provide education for 190 days and INSET for 5 more or equivalent, and it is part of the staff conditions of service. I was posting the information on LA settings to point out that if we are to even up the balance between types of setting and funding then PVI INSET would need to be funded on top of the 190 days adding an extra 5.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)