Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Pshe

Hi...

Just wanted some advice not necessarily lined to EYFS but would appreciate your expertise!!

I have been asked to do an assesmbly on 'Telling Tales' and I have no idea what to do!!!

Please help!! Any stories that I could read..........it's only for 15 minutes!

Thank you

Sarah x

Or is it as in 'Tell tale tit, your Mum cant knit, dad cant walk with a walking stick'?????

Never heard that before. We chanted "tell tale tit, your tongue will split and all the birdies will have a little bit!

Maz

I would also go for 'the boy who cried wolf' as suggested. But you could maybe do an adapted version of Pinnochio? Might also be worth looking at some of Aesops fables - there's bound to be one on not telling fibs.

there is an easy book from usborne books called don't tell lies Lucy! which the children like...they all shout don't tell lies lucy at the appropriate time. I have to say though that i (personal opinion coming!) have a real issue with the title telling tales.....how do children know the difference between good stories, making up fantasies and BAD tales i.e. lies,,,watched a child protection video many years ago which warned about using telling tales as children could misunderstand and not tell when something bad had happened to them. Difficult bthough if you've been told to do it! :o

there is an easy book from usborne books called don't tell lies Lucy! which the children like...they all shout don't tell lies lucy at the appropriate time. I have to say though that i (personal opinion coming!) have a real issue with the title telling tales.....how do children know the difference between good stories, making up fantasies and BAD tales i.e. lies,,,watched a child protection video many years ago which warned about using telling tales as children could misunderstand and not tell when something bad had happened to them. Difficult bthough if you've been told to do it! :o

yes, I agree- it makes me feel slightly uncomfortable as well. I think it's very difficult for this age child to know what are 'good' and 'bad' tales

On a slightly seperate note, I have problems with children using the word Lies or liar. Stems from childhood when for some reason we were told dont say that it's not nice, had to say fib or fibber. I have to bite my tongue now if a child uses the word!! Same as belly or bum- rude words!!

Edited by lynned55

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)