Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Leaving Gifts

Good morning everyone

I would really be interested to hear about what you give as leaving gifts to the children starting school in September.

We have given various books; even used the Mister Men and Little Misses using the character name to relate to the character of the children, (Mr Bump for the accident prone child!). Also t-shirts with photo of the group of children leaving.

The thing is my brain has gone blank and I want to try to come up with very differing ideas for the coming years as we have lots of siblings getting the "same old ........." as the older child had.

I think I am wanting to surprise the parents as much as the children but would love to hear what others do.

Thank you in advance for sharing ideas.

BMG :o

Oh heck! :o

I've definately put this in the wrong place, sorry. Hope lots of people find it anyway. xD

BMG

Hiya,

We buy the children personalised pencil cases from 24 Ace - they are £3.74 each so quite reasonable.

Claire xxx

Edited by davolako

we do little teddy bears with a printed pre-school t.shirt on. I did a good deal with a local supplier so not a bad price. Just ordered 30 for the end of term ! (gulp! a large box of tissues needed for the end of term i think) :oxD

We gave named pump bags last year that have been really popular - a bit pricy though but we don't have many leavers. Going to do the same this year even though they've gone up by £2!! Only got 4 preschool leavers this year so it's ok but next year will have 15 - will have to come up with something new then!

Love the snow globe idea bluestar.

We have just ordered mugs from Wainwright Screeprint in Dorset. They are in our corporate colour with the logo plus the first and last verse of a poem we give out to children. This is an addition this year. As you say, tissues included! Cost under £1.40 plus VAT.

My daughter still has hers and she is nearly 15.

We are having a potter in next week to 'throw' a plate with their handprint on - he fires them and glazes them with their name at the bottom....quite expensive but so worth it... :o

We are having a potter in next week to 'throw' a plate with their handprint on - he fires them and glazes them with their name at the bottom....quite expensive but so worth it... :o

That is lovely - a few tears shed, no doubt!

Maz

xD Thanks everyone, "keep em coming" please. :o

I have looked at the pencil cases that Tesco do which they will put a photo on, can't remember how much they are but they seem pretty good as they have a zip to close which has a flap over the side for the photo. Thought I could get a group photo on it.

I love the handprints on the plate, and those Charlie and Lola books look like a must have item.

Please keep posting ideas on here as I would love to be able to be organised for next year making a decision much earlier then this year - very last minute as usual!

Thank you

BMG

Cheap ideas I've used in the past are photos in keyrings and CDs with photos and videos from the past year. Both of these I know are more for the parents than the kids so not what you asked for but very popular x

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys and gals

In the end I plumped for a book "Where's my Peg? My first day at school". As well as the story it also has pages to support parents for this day too.

Its always such a difficult task choosing end of year presents and Christmas present, I usually end up getting books.

Any suggestions for our after-schoolers, year 6 going on to year 7 very big school !?

Thanks, as always for your great ideas.

BMG

we used to give ours a copy of 'starting school' by Alan Ahlberg, but tbh, I think our children are a bit old for those now, sad, but true.............so this year, we are giving them all Gruffalo snap games, that come in lovely tins, which we thought they could use as their word tins at school. Cost £5 each, but we get 10% discount from waterstones, so not too bad as we only have 9 leavers.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)