Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Is There A Way

I'm probably being very dumb here but ...

I often post in a thread and like to read the responses, but by the time I come back to the board the thread has got 'lost' somewhere behind all the new posts.

Is there a way to see all my previous postings in chronological order? I bet there is and it's really simple!

Also while on the general ICT topic, I frequently download resources/policies, etc. from here, and I've always just assumed that they are virus checked when they are uploaded to the site. Can someone reassure me that this is right?

Hi Suzie -

You can get your last 10 posts by clicking the 'My Assistant' link at the top of the page. If you need more than that you can click your username at the top of the page (in the green 'sausage' area), then click 'Profile Options' and 'Find member's posts' (or 'Find member's topics' if you don't want every single post) and you'll see everything you've ever posted. :o

There is a basic virus check on uploads, but you're always better off to have your own security software in place!

That's not dumb at all. It took me ages to work all that out and I still have to think long and hard before I can actually find my way there.

While on subject of how to use the forum better - I think there's something very wrong with my serching method. For instance before I wrote a thread about Gun Play, I did a few serches of the forum, and of resources, and could find nothing. But the other day, while serching for something else, an older thread, with all the perfect information popped up. I felt a right wally. Any tips?

Fe

That's not dumb at all. It took me ages to work all that out and I still have to think long and hard before I can actually find my way there.

While on subject of how to use the forum better - I think there's something very wrong with my serching method. For instance before I wrote a thread about Gun Play, I did a few serches of the forum, and of resources, and could find nothing. But the other day, while serching for something else, an older thread, with all the perfect information popped up. I felt a right wally. Any tips?

Fe

I think the search facility is a little tricky having good words to put into the search is a start and if you put a * after it more posts get thrown up which may have a tenuous link to what you have typed in too, as you know we do go off subject in threads sometimes! I think part of the problem is there is so much information to trawl through once your chosen subject has appeared - It's always good to have a search first but if defeated, then I have always found that some truly lovely person can find it and if you are lucky can post a link to it as well.

I think the search facility is a little tricky having good words to put into the search is a start and if you put a * after it more posts get thrown up which may have a tenuous link to what you have typed in too, as you know we do go off subject in threads sometimes! I think part of the problem is there is so much information to trawl through once your chosen subject has appeared - It's always good to have a search first but if defeated, then I have always found that some truly lovely person can find it and if you are lucky can post a link to it as well.

I often don't get any results at all for my searches - which are often quite simple and I go in with high expectations. Bet if I search for Gun Play now, hundreds of things will come up.

I'll keep working on it.

Thanks, Fe