Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

World Cup

My school has given a country and the Nursery will be england has anyone any ideas what we can do?

My considered opinion is either go out in the first round, or lose on penalties in the semi final! :o

Maz

I presume you mean activities for the children not actually 'keep your fingers crossed' because you have been given England.

I have just made new name tags for our nursery I found some great football wrapping paper in ToysRus. Large ball on front with name and then a number of smaller ones on the back with numbers on them. We are going to 'keep scores', we have a large blow up football pitch which will be out for most of the time. I am going to take in football mags and newspaper inserts for the children to 'read' or cut and stick. We will be looking at the flags from the different countries. I have hundreds of pictures of balls (from the wrapping paper) and I thought that the children could make some number stories up by sticking them onto their paper - they are also different sizes. Obviously lots of ball play (a large group of ours love football anyway and can play quite a good game).

I was looking for some more ideas too.

Cath

Edited by katekit

We have bought gingerbread men and after designing a kit on paper, we will be icing the kit onto the biscuits.

We have made our own versions of the flags of the countries taking part in the cup.

We have painted our own england designs on t shirts....

We coloured and cut out football players and then added photos of each childs head to make it look like them being the player!!!

I am thinking of mod roc football boots next!!

We are visiting our local football ground to keep up the footie enthusiasm when we head off on our nursery trip!!!

We have the goal posts out, the table top footie on the go.........

O its lovely and exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My considered opinion is either go out in the first round, or lose on penalties in the semi final! :o

Maz

xD I was SO temped to post a reply earlier saying "don't do too much, they'll probably go out in the first round" but figured that was just because I'm not a fan!!!!

Nona

:( I was SO temped to post a reply earlier saying "don't do too much, they'll probably go out in the first round" but figured that was just because I'm not a fan!!!!

Nona

:o Nona - you absolute disgrace xD

What a lovely opportunity to come over all patriotic! :(

We have made England flags this morning - yes I admit that it was very adult directed - but it was free choice! :unsure: :wacko:

Children all left waving their flags and shouting 'come on England'! :(

I'm really excited about the World Cup! :rolleyes:

Come on England! xD

:o Nona - you absolute disgrace xD

What a lovely opportunity to come over all patriotic! :(

:( Ha Ha! I'm Scottish!!!!!!!!!!!

Nona

I'm loving the gingerbread men idea and also the paper footballers with photos of the children's heads but I've got a problem....

er, I don't know what the kit looks like...... sorry, not a football fan, shocking I know :oxD

Could you help me out please???!!!

World Cup Glory -- red fruit, red jelly, whipped cream (mixed with Greek set yoghurt) layered up in transparent plastic cups

World Cup Cakes --150g self-raising fl our

1 x 5ml spoon baking powder

1 x 15ml spoon cocoa powder

50g light soft brown sugar

100g cooked beetroot

1 egg

125ml semi-skimmed milk

50ml vegetable oil

Topping

50g cream cheese

75g icing sugar

Put the beetroot, egg, milk and oil into the blender and blitz until smooth

fold in the dry ingredienst (alraedty mixed together). Then Ice

Flag Pizzas --- ciabatta bread,. cut in half then sliced in half to make flag base, spread with pasta sauce (puree is too strong for littlies) slice red peppers and put in cross shape, slices Mozzarella and add to each corner. bake for about 10 mins. This can be done with ready made puff pastry too. And can be adapted for m,any flags using green and yellow peppers.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)