Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Post Your Half-term To Do List Here.....

and update what you do.

I haven't done mine yet but will do as otherwise I will work everyday whereas if I have a list I will stop when the list is done.,

Saturday and Sunday are pencilled in for report writing, Day 3 is bank holiday which means we're not allowed to work right?? After that it's back to reports and planning for next half term. Although according to my parents tonight... we must be really looking forward to a week off!!

Hello

I am well jealous as I would love to be in a job were I get half term off. Just make a fun to do list like going for lunch, having a walk and end up ay the pub, spar day.

Save all the work stuff till later.

Enjoy

Blue

Reading through 8 application forms, formulating questions to ask at interview, writing to applicants to invite for interview. Start the register of September children, new ones and those staying, contact new children, organise the writing of letters to staff telling them their new rates of pay. Read thoroughly the small claims info online so I can start getting back the £217 we are owed by a parent.

If there are any other jobs (and I bet there are) they can wait!

Complete write up for action research project - 10,000 words - Hand in June 9th

Write up transfer documents and get keychildren portfolios done ready for parents meetings

Redo continuous provision planning

Sort out staffing for new school year

Look at LA Healthy Early Years thingy

DO SEF

Get notes ready for working parties x 2

Not keep putting off stuff by visiting here

Am going to live in HERMITUDE for the next week

GET A LIFE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And as has previously been posted according to parents have a lovely week's half term holiday

:oxD:(:(

And as has previously been posted according to parents have a lovely week's half term holiday

Interestingly this isn't something I 'suffer' from - my parents are all well aware that holidays aren't exactly that when you work in pre-school (as evidenced by the size of the bags under my eyes and my ever increasingly haggard face!

So here's my list.

1. Do SEF
  2. Update information for new parents
  3. Look at numbers for next term
  4. Do invoices for extra sessions taken this term
  5. Update my accounts
  6. Catch up with learning journeys
  7. Sort out my observations and update trackers
  8. Go to Ikea to replace our creative trolley which died last week
  9. Complete my operational plan
  10. Analyse data from questionnaire for parents about 15-hour entitlement
  11. Write to our LA's lead member to find out why we have no single funding formula this year
  12. Write to parents about outstanding fees
  13. Think about how to improve our writing and mark making opportunities
  14. Come on here regularly as a diversion and method of procrastination
  15. Investigate nature kindergarten activities for our trips to the woods
  16. Design flyers and posters for our recruitment drive to get some more children
  17. Catch up with personal paperwork: find employment contracts and send them off so I can get paid for my extra-curricular jobs
  18. Ensure the correct version of PRAMS is on the nursery laptop and ensure all the data is correct

But the main question is - what am I going to do after Monday? :o

Maz

not really sure I should say... but as you asked

finish the unpacking from Holiday.. do the remainder of the washing from same holiday, put it away..after husband has ironed it..

go out for lunch Monday,

bit of gardening.. digging, and watering so my veg doesn't suffer too much..so some rain would be nice.. save me half a job ..

and then, hope for some sun to enjoy... top up the tan perhaps .. read a book.. another one.. read 4 while away and got the taste for it.. so a visit to the library is also on the list..

Take the car for its MOT, spot of shopping while it is being done perhaps..

something tell you I no longer work in preschools... !

Inge

Ok here it goes.... though I think once its written down it will look SO much worse than I fear it is!!!!!!!

Saturday: take photos at a wedding (all day)

Sunday: Visit the cemetary, go see my Dad, do the food shop I didn't have time to do on Saturday (!!)

Monday: Work on my research project- collating results/ writing methodology

Tuesday: cinema and lunch with my daughter before she heads to the USA at the end of the week for 3 months

Wednesday: work on my research project................ teach myself how to do graphs on the computer!

Thursday: Another wedding.............. will take up majority of the day

Friday: Research topic maybe (??!!!!) or perhaps report writing or maybe updating profiles and learning journeys

Saturday: Much of the same as Friday

Sunday: Driving down to Heathrow to take daughter to catch her plane. 6 hours driving (there and back) and all the emotions abounding saying bye to my daughter................. too worn out to do anything else that day!!!!!

Monday TED at school but where will I be............... University visit ready for EYPS in January 2011!!

WHERE is the holiday?????????????????????????????

MOnday - learning journeys - early, finish at 11 to take two youngest swimming

Tuesday - Transfer forms - private school requesting them early! + cinema

Wednesday - all (me and my children!) going to nursery to clean up and shop for the last term, snacks etc

Thursday - more transfer forms early - day out with nephew and two youngest

Friday - NO NURSERY STUFF

Saturday - planning and laminating World cup stuff for next week

Sunday - Pop to nursery with planning, email staff and prepare - and nothing for nursery after 1 pm!

FORGOT: plan trip from local potter, plan annual trip, water my lovely nursery garden, update SEF, take remaining three children everywhere they demand!

:o

Edited by Guest

No half term for us, but a busy week:

Sunday, farewell family BBQ for my son, who is emigrating to USA next week, to get married and work there.

Monday, village fete: having a stall to try to raise some ££ for a new shed

Tuesday, visit to a local farm,so lots of excited children! Hospital appointment to have physio on hands ( carpal tunnel and De Quervains syndrome, plus tendonitis and tennis elbow.......never do stuff by halves!)...they are talking about steroid injections for this :o(

Wednesday try to get some work done on the BA essays I am still drowning in, if hands are ok

Thursday more essaying

Friday ditto

Saturday/Sunday....yes, more essay work.........

following week will be a mixture of emotions as we get son packed up and off to Heathrow.........most probably, forever. Breaking my heart, but I know he'll be happy,so have to steel myself for the parting.

get son's bedroom cleared...........it's going to be a little office.......no more Metallica blasting out of there at all hours...... xD

following week will be a mixture of emotions as we get son packed up and off to Heathrow.........most probably, forever. Breaking my heart, but I know he'll be happy,so have to steel myself for the parting.

get son's bedroom cleared...........it's going to be a little office.......no more Metallica blasting out of there at all hours...... :o

Oh Narnia - I can't imagine one of mine going to emigrate - as you say he will be happy and that afterall is what we crave for all our children.

And of course, there will be visits to look forward to.

:oxD

Maz

Oh Narnia sending you HUGE hugs. I have done the parting at Heathrow when my son went to australia for almost a year but emigration is something else altogether.

BUT you need a huge pat on the back for being a super mum and bringing your son up so that he able/confident of taking such a step in his life - without you he would never have got so far xD

and remember those apron strings may need to be untied but the advice my son gave me was that they just get changed for elastic :o and elastic stretches as far as it needs to.

It isn't really 'forever' the USA isn't 'that' far and I am sure there will be lots of visits and of course modern technology is great for keeping in touch.

I will be thinking of you and sending virtual hugs I know what i was like standing at the departure gate :(

My list so far

-update learning journals

- finish ePortfolios for at least 6 children

- print of individual EAL plans

- type up timetable

Narnia,

Just wanted to add a hug to those you have already recieved. Will be thinking of you tomorrow at the bbq which will be a good opportunity to get the family together but I guess will also be tinged with mixed emotions as the start of the countdown to your son leaving. hope it all goes ok and that those strings really do stretch (sounds a lovely way of thinking about it!!!!) and with computer webcams and other devices its now much easier to keep in touch with people whever they are.

Hope that the wedding goes well, whenever it is, and that you all have a fantastic time.

Hugs and prayers

Nicky Sussex :o

looks as if everyone has a long list mine is very short

paper work, paper work , and more paper work

as it is the Bank Holiday the rain is with us,

take care

Mary

Maz not sure why your son is moving

but home is always best and he will be back (even if its just for the Roast Dinner and clean Socks) take it from one who knows

so chin up.

best wishes

Mary

Oh Narnia.... I sobbed when I dropped my son in huddersfield, just 100 miles away, so i really feel for you, but what an exciting way for him to start married life,. Well done you on producing a son capable of such a step, I bet theres a ton of pride mixed in with the tears.

Gulp Narnia.....you have your life full of rollercoaster emotions as usual.....no wonder you seem such a strong woman, what choice do you have....my goodness life does want to throw it at you!

Sending you enormous hugs and thanks again, for making me cry, again! :oxD:(

Love to you.... :(:( :wacko: xD

Oh narnia.... i will be thinking of you, my son is moving tomorrow to the other side of the uk and that seems bad enough so i know how you are feeling, i love the comment about the elastic stretching!!!!!!wonderful...... will be thinking of you narnia......

Seeing mum and dad

Taking friend to a work dismissal appeal

Looking after neighbours kids

Meal out with a friend

Housework

Gardening

REPORTS (yuk)

Helping daughter with revision

Cook

Enjoy being away from the place that gives me too much stress.

Coffee at Neros

Lots to do but looking forward to it and the summer beyond!!

Redbase :o