Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Adult Led Activities

I'm working in a new council area, and I'm not used to their rules lol, now I know EYFS says we should have a mix of child initiated and adult led activities, but our advisory teacher says we can't call them activities, it has to be experiences!!

Does anyone plan particular "experiences" in their short term planning? We're using the room story 1 and 2 for our birth to three age range, and I'd like to see the staff planning adult led activities (experiences!!!!!!), is this someone we can do? It's something I did in the last nursery however it was in a different LEA! :o

Edited by Guest

Hi, I dont really know how to answer you except to say I'd call them activities, I think she's just playing with words.

Really, does it matter?

Sorry, I didn't mean to be rude, and I meant would it matter to her, not you Just to be difficult, surely if it is an adult led 'experinece' then that is something that the adult 'experiences' not the child? Or am I just playing with words, hmmm getting myself muddled now, which isn't hard!!

Edited by lynned55

I'm with you a bit on this one, sounds a bit 'buzzwordy' to me. I don't expect the 'experience' of the 'activity' will be any different for the child, whatever it's called.

We do plan activities, but as far as possible we like to tie these into interests, but sometimes children need a push to see what's available, for example today children used a computer for drawing, and I don't think they'd have considered that if left to their own devices. Hopefully now they know that, they'll keep it in their minds as a possibility for the future

I know it's ridiculous isn't it, like I say in another LEA 5 minutes away we did things differently.

I would plan the activities to fit in with the previous weeks interests like you say anyways. :)

Can only comment on what we do and thats one adult led inside and one adult led outside activity/experience each week and this is added do and done differently as a different member of staff has a go, taking turns every day

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)