Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Your Setting

Well, funny you should ask, because I took my daughter in the other day - she's not been in for about 6 years, and she said, "Mmm, smells just like I remember, fusty church hall, pee and old toys" Soooo I went straight out and bought an air freshener with a motion sensor in and put it near the entrance, so when you walk in you get a nice waft of something or other! Lots of parents have commented on how nice it smells too!

I must admit - it may well depend upon what time you turn up - the loos are right by the front door! but we do our best. We have an entrance which now has 2 wonderful glass doors leading into the lobby area loos on the right, boiler room and kitchen on the left. We try hard to keep this area clear of clutter, but the children bring so much to it that fairly often we are clearing the decks in there again. Unfortunately if it's been raining there will also be pushchairs in there, the odd scooter etc. Not great, but nowhere else for them to go. This lobby leads on to 2 more glass doors into a large spacious hall. Hopefully one of the first things you would hear is the sound of children's laughter because we have such a happy group.

lot does depend on if the cleaner has been in and whether or not she has cleaned could smell of any thing thing from church hall smell, pledge or bleach if she has over done it in the loo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Imagine you are a visitor to your setting for the first time, What do you see, hear or even smell?

Welcome to the Forum, juliewenda and congratulations on your first post.

Its an interesting question - are you asking for a particular reason?

What you see when you arrive at our pre-school depends largely on the time of day. You might first be confronted by a padlocked gate, and children milling around in the garden painting, making things at the creative table, riding hobby horses etc. Or if everyone is inside you'd arrive at our front door where we have a whiteboard outside with messages for parents, perhaps telling them its allotment day or reminding them to put suncream on their child. There's also an easel with a sign welcoming them to our group and asking them to ring the bell for attention.

When we open our front door you come into a small foyer area which contains our book corner, floor play, writing table and a small circle of chairs (being sat on either by children or an assortment of cuddly toys) usually left in place from registration because the children are really into pretending to take the register at the moment. No nasty niffs unless something unpleasant has just that minute happened, but you are likely to hear children laughing and giggling and struggling to use their indoor voices!

Maz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)