Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Target Tracker

Have just been looking at an online demo. of this.

Does anyone use it in nursery/Pre-school?

It looks like just what I am looking for but you can't see the price on the website. You subscribe for a year.

Does anyone know how much it is? I suspect you buy a whole school package which would make it out of the reach of our little pre-school.

Does Prams do the same think? And what is Progress Matters? And isn't there also a package from Early Education called 'Planning for Quality'?

Ooooh! I don't know which way to turn....

Give PRAMS a try, experiment with it for the rest of this term and see what you can produce. We're going to 'adopt' it officially at the start of the Autumn term, so getting a good play now!

So where do I start with it?

I am computer illiterate so need a paper booklet next to me!

If I download it onto the work laptop will be FSF codename be blown? Will anyone using it have to log in as Edlee?

Where do you find all the instructions on what to do?

If I download it onto the work laptop will be FSF codename be blown? Will anyone using it have to log in as Edlee?

Once you download the software you don't need to log onto the Forum to use it. Steve did some videos before showing exactly how things work althought that was for an older version of the software so might not be totally accurate now.

I'm sure he'll be along to offer words of wisdom!

Maz

Hmm - you may find that you WILL need to log in at some point, Edlee, in order to get the upgrades. Been a few days since I was on it, but I seem to recall that it had 'Cait' somewhere....

Steve or Matt will be along, hopefully ....

Been a few days since I was on it, but I seem to recall that it had 'Cait' somewhere....

Is that because you use your first name as your username though, Cait? I haven't seen HappyMaz anywhere when I've been using PRAMS.

Edlee Cait is right though about getting updates - you'd presumably need to log in here to download the latest version of the software as it is updated (unless Steve has other plans involving world domination) but what I meant was that I don't think you need to be logged into the Forum whenever you want to use PRAMS. Although its hard for me to say that for sure because I am always logged in to the Forum... :o

Maz

Yes, I recall a discussion where Steve suggested that someone could download the updates on one computer and transfer them to another - so I'm sure you are right. My computer down the road doesn't have internet access, so if that's the way you are going to use it, then no-one will need to know your username.

It depends how and where you are going to use it I suppose

Hi chaps -

Sorry I missed this yesterday and thanks Cait and Maz for answering! :o

Edlee, you can download PRAMS and transfer it to another computer if you want (if, for example the second computer isn't connected to the internet), but you won't be able to get news and/or updates (in the form of extra features, reports etc) unless you have a current subscription and an internet connection, so in the long term it's best to use it from an internet connected PC. We have quite a long list of new features planned and will be producing a steady flow of different types of report in line with people's feedback, so certainly while it is a new and evolving product it would be good to be in regular contact with the FSF via the internet. xD

Thank you.

Hold my hand now........

How do I download it and what is the easiest way for me to get the instructions? (in idiot form)

Thank you

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)