Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Dressing Up Resources

Can I ask how you display/offer your dressing up items? Our dressing up trolley has collapsed and I'm looking for a new one but frankly I'm horrified by the prices! Any suggestions for a thrifty method of storing and displaying or recommendations for new trolley worth its price are gratefully received. I'd prefer not to have to use coat hangers!

We couldn't afford one of the lovely ones! We ended up using our water trolley instead - it has hooks along the top and compartments at different heights on both sides - it works really well. Think it was about £70.

We bought a long mirror from Ikea - from the childrens section - it velcros onto the end of the trolley.

Ah a velcro mirror would be fab. Was this recently? and where did you get the trolley from if you don't mind me asking?

Mr Sunnyday made our dressing up trolley for us.........very nice it is too! :o

The mirror element - I bought from a catalogue - not Early Years - have an idea it was something like 'Bettaware' - it is not glass it came on a roll.........

Do you have a talented parent? Buying wood, wheels, mirror soooo much cheaper! xD

I guess I could always ask the parents! It's the kind of thing my other half says he'll do for us but I can't wait until the year after next! But I can see how it could be made for a lot less money too. I'll write a letter to them asking for handy parents.

Trolley was SBS and mirror was only a few months ago at Ikea - it's a lovely green fabric dragon style.

Thank you Gwennie! I will look now and see what the response to my plea for handy men and women is like too.

Despite the fact that OFSTED once said a long time ago that the dressing up should be hung up on pegs - I very much stand by my decision to have 'rummage tubs' with all the clothes in one and 'accessories' in another - so much so that I can't wait for OFSTED to come so I have have a good old discussion. It works so much better and we include lengths of fabric so that the children can be creative with what is made available to them. They also enjoy emptying out the tubs (flexible trugs) and pretending they are boats, planes, beds......

Our role play is set up within a galt panel system so I stuck on a full length safety mirror and bought an over the door hanger with hooks that we use for any specific items - for example as the role play is a hospital the hooks are full of doctors, paramedic, fire, police, etc.

Works well for us! And the tubs can be carried outside when required.

:o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)