Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Re-sizing Photo's

Pimms o'clock?

I'm after a big favour if someone can help me please.

I know it is possible to make photos smaller to send via email, which speeds up the process, and have noticed that some of you post "thumbnails" on here but I don't know where to begin. Is it something anyone with a computer can do or do I need to get special software?

Like I say I do need an idiots guide please, nothing too technical for me, thank you.

BMG

once pictures are saved on my computer I open them with Microsoft picture manager and it is really easy to change the size - just choose the size you want from a drop down box :o It has to be simple for me to be able to do it!

It's hard to advise without knowing what software you have or what version of windows you are running - or even if you ARE using windows!

I'm running Vista, and if I double click on a picture in my 'pictures' file, it opens it in Windows photo gallery. Then I click on 'open' at the top and choose Microsoft Office Picture Manager from the drop down list. Then 'Edit Pictures' and a menu opens down the side, one of which is 'compress pictures' which I click and I get a choice of sizes, I generally go for 'Documents' as the image quality doesn't drop too drastically. Then it's simply a matter of saving it in the usual way - I usually save it with a different name so that I keep the quality of the original which I may need another day.

Any use?

I've done it too!!!! Gone from 1.6 MB to 195Kb in the detail at the bottom so I guess thats right.

...now to try sending it to myself to see what I have managed to do with your help Cait. Thank you, I will print off your instructions to keep safe 'til I become an expert!?!?!?

BMG x :o

Edited by BMG

Thanks Cait.

I followed you instructions and have managed to make my little grandsons photo small enough to use as my avatar.

Thanks again Rosie

...now that is what I call clever Rosemarie I'm very impressed (with you skills and your lovely grandson.)

I'm still working on it, slowly but surely; I will have my WOW moment when I can get an hour or so to concentrate fully, watch this space.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)