Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

St. George's Day

dublinbay

Is anyone doing anything special for today or marking it in any way either personally or at pre-school/school/nursery?

Happy St. George's Day to those celebrating today! :o

We are flying the flag and having a BBQ for FS & KS1 (dragon burgers? or perhaps he's cooking)

We have made bunting with the George cross, red roses, three lions and dragons and it looks as if the weather will be kind.

My Y2 class will be doing St George's Day words searches and poems but mainly having fun!

We have the flag flying, been making flags all week, roses, bunting all over the place....brilliant as we can all keep it up for the World Cup....Happy St Georges Day everyone....

No, not doing anything - most people weren't even aware that it WAS when I told them. SO - may do something next year to highlight it a bit

Phew! That's a relief - thought I was the only one - I was feeling quite ashamed of myself! :(

Right I promise I will do better next year! :o

Silly thing is we have one Irish family and I have made special efforts (not this year because she wasn't in on the day) to mark St. Patrick's Day for them! xD

Silly thing is we have one Irish family and I have made special efforts (not this year because she wasn't in on the day) to mark St. Patrick's Day for them! xD

Funny that sunnyday - I was musing on this earlier. We didn't do anything either. We did go for a lovely walk to the farm though - what could be more English than that? :o

Maz

We had a FS/KS1 assembly to talk about St. George and the cildren made flags for bunting on Thursday. We strung the bunting out across and around the playground before they came in yesterday - the look on their faces was great as they arrived. We had a whole school non-uniform day - red and white theme. The children (FS/KS1) made jam sandwiches on white bread (shock horror) and iced fairy cakes with white icing and then attempted to put on a red cross :o We put the tables into the playground and had a 'street party' and played games. Didn't take much organising and the children loved it. When one of the mums arrived to pick up he rlittle boy he ran out saying 'I've had the best day ever! Bless.

We tend to have a bit of something going on for St. Patrick's day too. One of our dads said 'I hope you're going to do something for St. Andrews Day .....

Edited by Guest

I finally managed to use my dragon costume and princess outfit that i got 2 years ago ( only worn by my nephew- yes both of them!)as Woolies closed down,sniff.

I have been in charge of a reception class all week as collegue stuck in NY. So good experience for me. We re enacted the story outside in the spring morning, it was fabulous. The children loved it and hope they will always remember it.

My fellow teacher used the same resources in the afternoon which as a trainee teacher thrilled me to bits. Am really snowed under paper work and course work wise ( sorry for long silence peeps)but must be doing something right. All I need now is a job in Sept! lol. :o