Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Is A Computer Male Or Female.

I found this on the web and it made me smile

:o

Is A Computer Male Or Female?

A teacher divided a class into two groups and them to decide if a computer should be masculine or feminine. One group was composed of women and the other of men. Both groups were asked to give four reasons for their recommendation.

The group of men concluded that computers should be referred to in the feminine gender because:

No one but their creator understands their internal logic.

The native language they use to communicate with other computers is incomprehensible to everyone else.

Even your smallest mistakes are stored in long-term memory for later retrieval.

As soon as you make a commitment to one, you find yourself spending half your earnings on accessories for it.

The group of women, on the other hand, decided that computers should be referred to in the masculine gender because:

In order to get their attention, you have to turn them on.

They have a lot of data but are still clueless.

They are supposed to help you solve your problems, but half the time they ARE the problem.

As soon as you commit to one, you realise that, if you had waited a little longer, you could have had a better model.

Oh yes, Sue!

And Rea - the wording was slightly different, so I read it with a 'different slant' (cue spooky music :o ) which makes it a thought provoking 2nd post on the subject !!!!!

Try it and see! xD:(

Sue :D

Very subtle, Sue R, :D

and Sue, as for your cartoon, have you got a web cam to my home office?????

We have a large desk, my hubby sits at his computer and I sit next to him with my laptop and guess what we play ( simultaneously) :o:DxD

Yes you guessed it

Peggy

REA

Spider with FOUR decks!! now THAT is IMPRESSIVE :oxD

I can do one deck in 95 moves but that's my limit

Have tried and failed to do two decks but FOUR

WOW! WOW! and WOW! again

(in case you hadnt guessed I am very impressed :D:D )

I may be posting again in a minute as I am now going back for a third look to find the 'subtle' bits referred to!! :(

I play "spider" 2 decks but my score is unmentionable :o

put it this way, Hubby is the champ in our house.

When my son came to visit and saw us both playing alongside each other he groaned and called us sad. My reply was "but we want to be together.... :D

Peggy

Don't worry Peggy, you're not sad.

Sad is when you start sending him an email saying "its your turn to put the kettle on" or "can you get my print out off the printer please?".

Or playing hearts together over the internet...

Maz

Guest Tracey F

Not sure what my best score for spider is (4decks :o ) But I once managed to 'win' 2 consecutive games xD

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)