Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Outstanding

i AM SO PROUD TO SAY I ACHIEVED THE GRADE OF OUTSTANDING IN NOVEMBER 09. I WORKED HARD FOR IT AND MY INSPECTOR WAS LOVELY. HOWEVER I WORK CLOSELY WITH A FRIEND WHO PUTS JUST AS MUCH EFFORT INTO HER PRACTICE YET SHE ACHIEVED GOOD. I CANT HELP BUT THINK THAT SHE WOULD HAVE ACHIEVED OUTSTANDING IF SHE HAD THE SAME INSPECTOR. HOW CAN WE ALL FEEL VALUED WHEN THERE IS SO MUCH INCONSISTENCY.

Welcome to the Forum - I'm sure I haven't welcomed you before!

Congratulations on your oustanding, kwarriner. I agree it does seem very unfair - have you compared inspection reports to see where the differences might be? If your friend feels strongly, did she consider appealing?

It can be very disheartening when we put so much effort into our work.

Maz

Welcome to the Forum - I'm sure I haven't welcomed you before!

Congratulations on your oustanding, kwarriner. I agree it does seem very unfair - have you compared inspection reports to see where the differences might be? If your friend feels strongly, did she consider appealing?

It can be very disheartening when we put so much effort into our work.

Maz

She did think of appealing in fact she felt like packing in completely. We have very similar settings and use more or less the same set of paperwork that we designed to fit around the EYFS. She chose not to appeal as she did not want people thinking she thought she was better than she was, but was very disgruntled.

In our area it seems that many people are unhappy with inspectors and can predict their outcome based on the inspectors name. Maybe this will change now that inspections have been turned over to a private company, we will wait and see.

However i am still on cloud nine ha :-)

Welcome and well done to you...I agree but I dont know what the answer is...and that pressure of now knowing whether you will be able to communicate effectively, show them all you do, get on with them, play to their tune is really unfair...I agree that it is just so inconsistent I have had three inspections over the years and every one of them have been sooo different...the last one I felt I had to be something I wasn't to play the tune of the inspector which he emphasised the importance of writing and writing and lots of reading and more letter recognition etc in the end I went with it....but it is not what I believe in.....I am due inspection any day and I am going to be ME and MY TEAM will show what we do and how hard we work....what will be will be, but I will never play up to that sort of pressure again...I got Outstanding last time and felt that it was slightly fraudlent because of how I acted up........I will be shouting for PLAY based learning from the nursery roof whether the inspector likes it or not.....you have to believe in what you are doing.... :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)