Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Completely Sick Of 2010! Lol

beth1

I am completly fed up 2010 and its only April! This is because I have been ill for the past 4 months! xD

Since the start of 2010 I have:

Fallen on ice and hurt my back in early Jan 10. Off work for 2 weeks never mind that I did it walking to work! Ok that was an accident, still suffering 3 months on!

Hehehehe then went back to work for a 1 1/2 weeks only to go back on sick leave with ear infection number 1 late Jan/early Feb 10. Off work for 2 1/2 weeks. Ended up on 2 lots of antibotics and 2 trips to ENT. Went to the ENT clinic at Feb half term to be told its gone.

Only for another ear infection to develop 2 weeks later, still had drops from the last one which the speicalist told me to use again! Since Mid March I have been back and forth to the doctors again, yet another 2 lots of antiboitics and ear sprays. Luckly I have somehow managed to get to work, go to college and do brownies all with using 1 hearing aid.

Anyway been to the doctors for the second time this Easter holidays this morning. My second ear infection is slightly better, even though I still cannot ear a thing out of my right ear. Which will be fun with 30 year 1 children at work!! :o I have managed to get an urgent ENT appointment this Monday afternoon coming. I am feeling very scared since they have talked about putting a 'wick' to attempt to clear this ear infection and a possible grommet operation.

I am hoping the doctors at hospital won't sign me off on sick leave again! I am a little worried work will think I am looking for an excuse to have more time off work. I am also wondering how I am going cope being at work with an ear infection of this scale in terms of not being able to hear and speak clearly to the children and staff. AGGGHHH

The only things that has gone well this year are:

That I have an unconditonal place for uni in September, however still waiting for work to tell me if I am allowed to go or not.

Since I need to be at work and at uni at the same time. Its 1 day per week for 15 months taught hours are roughly 4 1/2 hours per week, so I am trying to work out how many hours of studying that equates to per week. :(

And that I have very nearly completed my Adult Leadership Qualification for Brownies. In fact I have had hints dropping for me to be a Guide Leader. Ermmm no thanks, not with the top up degree place. :(

So 2009 I ended up with eye problems - yes they are now corrected yipppee. So far 2010 its all ear problems! So roll on 2011 surely things cannot get any worse, can they?

Beth

P.S. I am still enjoying work apart from all this illness!

Thanks all.

Maz I have suffered with chronic ear infections all my life, so by now I know the process I have to go throught. And the only way to get through it all is to have a sense of humor and take it with a pinch of salt. :o

Beth

You poor thing. Hope the appointment goes the way you want it too next Monday. I'm sure work won't think you are just looking for time off at all, not if you've been struggling in through it all.

Chin up Beth

I too have had a horrid start to 2010 too, not so much illness but constant sad news that has a huge impact on our community. Young teens crashing cars, young people leaving this world too soon, Then lost my Dad and can't seem to get over it

Hubbie says to focus on postives, well we got an outstanding Ofsted in Feb 2010 great you say but I would rather have people alive and have a satisfactory :(

My son is getting married in September and my mind is focussed on that currently although the venue bridesmaid dresses and his job hall all been upside down and messed up But Hey it will be a lovely day :(

So many people are feeling this way but a today I have got up and the sun is shining through my patio windows (They do need cleaning) and we are still breathing the fresh air and being with the ones we love.

Sorry that all sounds a bit low but we all need to look forward and I am trying soo hard to do that (not going to say it can only get better as often it doesn't :( )

Well thats what I am trying really hard to do. :o

Sue

Ps asking myself why on earth did I decide at my age to do a degree AM I MAD??? please don't answer that xD

Then lost my Dad and can't seem to get over it

I lost my Dad is September 2006 and there's still times I could sob a bucket-ful. It gets easier, generally, but there's little things that hit you - you'll see something silly in a shop and say "Ooh, Dad would love that" and that can set you off. Sometimes a crying child at Preschool shouting "I want my DADDY!!" can make you think, 'yeah, I do too', but chin up, my Mum copes, so I should be able to!

Sending you virtual hugs

Beth, I'm sorry it's been a poor start to the year so far, but the sun is starting to shine now, and the warm days will help your infections I'm sure.

I saw a swallow yesterday!!!!

I lost my Dad is September 2006 and there's still times I could sob a bucket-ful. It gets easier, generally, but there's little things that hit you - you'll see something silly in a shop and say "Ooh, Dad would love that" and that can set you off. Sometimes a crying child at Preschool shouting "I want my DADDY!!" can make you think, 'yeah, I do too', but chin up, my Mum copes, so I should be able to!

Sending you virtual hugs

Beth, I'm sorry it's been a poor start to the year so far, but the sun is starting to shine now, and the warm days will help your infections I'm sure.

I saw a swallow yesterday!!!!

The silly little thing this week was a 'chocolate chicken with choc buttons inside' :o Just because we gave him one last year and he bit his head off xD:(

Thank you for your kind comments, I know what I need to do but doing it is difficult, need to give myself a strong talking too!!!

Sue

Abso-bloomin -lootley!

I still can't watch The Railway Children (Daddy, my Daddy) actually - just typing that made me fill up! :o

But we'll get there in the end and like Sunnyday says, cut ourself some slack in the process! You are in a year of firsts, and once you've done this one, next time it won't be quite so raw, yes, the chocolate chicken will catch you for a few years, but then you'll start to smile at them in remembrance rather than fill up when you see them.

Sorry, Beth, we've hijacked your thread a bit

2006 was my "annis horriblis" (? spelling), as the queen once said. My eldest son died suddenly in the March age 30 from an undiagnosed heart condition, then I lost my only brother in September; he had complex medical conditions.

There are days when little things make me ball my eyes out, I am though starting to get to the smiling bit when I remember something about them both that was unique to them as with the chocolate easter rabbit story.

I also lost my dad in 1976 when he was only 56, so my poor 14 year old son thinks he is doomed but is determined to live life to the full and keeps me sane most days.

So no matter how horrid things are in life there is light at the end of the tunnel. There are everyday delights in the children we work with, as well as with our families. Remember to hold them very near and dear cos you never know how long we have each other for.

BMG

Oh BMG - I couldn't possibly read and run........bless you.......I can't even begin to think how I could bear the pain of losing a son

Thank you for sharing - and for the reminder - it's too easy to take our loved ones for granted.......

I'm counting my blessings right now.

Take care and a big virtual hug x

Gosh, you've brought tears to my eyes and a lump to my throat!

I lost my Dad the year before my daughter was born, before he even knew she was on the way, and still little things remind me of him and how much he/we have missed but often now with a smile and a "Dad would have loved that!"

Sometimes it's good to be reminded of how much we all take for granted and get bogged down with things that seem important and aren't really. Must repeat that to myself when I'm stressing over my FD assignments :o

Hope you/we all feel a little brighter tomorrow!

Nona

Gosh BMG as you say, 2006 was a year to forget! I like the light at the end of the tunnel analogy - just so long as it doesn't turn out to be another train!

Take care everyone - its a harsh world out there.

Maz x

Sorry Beth meant to say, hang in there things will get better.

Didn't mean to come over all morbid earlier, its just that its my birthday and when I posted I was thinking about near ones and dear ones before going out for a family meal which made me feel quite sad, but I've perked up since than as myself, hubbie and two children have had the best meal in a long time, lovely little extra touches in a lovely little restaurant with great company and service - I even left a pretty good tip, very unlike me!!

Take care of each other everyone.

BMG :o

Edited by BMG

I am completly fed up 2010 and its only April! This is because I have been ill for the past 4 months! xD

Since the start of 2010 I have:

Fallen on ice and hurt my back in early Jan 10. Off work for 2 weeks never mind that I did it walking to work! Ok that was an accident, still suffering 3 months on!

Hehehehe then went back to work for a 1 1/2 weeks only to go back on sick leave with ear infection number 1 late Jan/early Feb 10. Off work for 2 1/2 weeks. Ended up on 2 lots of antibotics and 2 trips to ENT. Went to the ENT clinic at Feb half term to be told its gone.

Only for another ear infection to develop 2 weeks later, still had drops from the last one which the speicalist told me to use again! Since Mid March I have been back and forth to the doctors again, yet another 2 lots of antiboitics and ear sprays. Luckly I have somehow managed to get to work, go to college and do brownies all with using 1 hearing aid.

Anyway been to the doctors for the second time this Easter holidays this morning. My second ear infection is slightly better, even though I still cannot ear a thing out of my right ear. Which will be fun with 30 year 1 children at work!! :o I have managed to get an urgent ENT appointment this Monday afternoon coming. I am feeling very scared since they have talked about putting a 'wick' to attempt to clear this ear infection and a possible grommet operation.

I am hoping the doctors at hospital won't sign me off on sick leave again! I am a little worried work will think I am looking for an excuse to have more time off work. I am also wondering how I am going cope being at work with an ear infection of this scale in terms of not being able to hear and speak clearly to the children and staff. AGGGHHH

The only things that has gone well this year are:

That I have an unconditonal place for uni in September, however still waiting for work to tell me if I am allowed to go or not.

Since I need to be at work and at uni at the same time. Its 1 day per week for 15 months taught hours are roughly 4 1/2 hours per week, so I am trying to work out how many hours of studying that equates to per week. :(

And that I have very nearly completed my Adult Leadership Qualification for Brownies. In fact I have had hints dropping for me to be a Guide Leader. Ermmm no thanks, not with the top up degree place. :(

So 2009 I ended up with eye problems - yes they are now corrected yipppee. So far 2010 its all ear problems! So roll on 2011 surely things cannot get any worse, can they?

Beth

P.S. I am still enjoying work apart from all this illness!

THANK YOU BETH

I put down my silly feelings on YOUR post and with the lovely comments that came back brought me to tears again. There are such good people out there and feel quite silly now, but again I have got up and the sun is shining and I can feel it :( I feel lucky that I can and don't want to be a grumpy as its just not me!

Hope you feel better soon

Sue

Happy Friday, everyone! :o

Hope you're all feeling brighter and more cheerful today?! The sun is shining and the weather forecast for the weekend is warm, dry and sunny... something to look forward to!

Nona

p.s. Happy Belated Birthday, Sue!

Isn't it the most lovely day! xD

My grandson and I have just been 'trailing' round our little village - delivering various bits of paperwork!

Have been admiring all the beautiful daffs - they have been a long time coming!

So have a good day everyone - enjoy the sunshine - obviously my favourite sort of weather - a 'sunnyday'! :o

Belated birthday wishes BMG! :(

It has been a nice day especially with it being the last day of the Easter holidays for me. Not that I have been far, only a mile away to the nearest supermarket.

I saw one of the children from my class, it was very funny. I was putting stuff into the boot of the car. The child shouts 'Miss .....' I ingore it, then 'Miss ....' so I look toward the left not seeing anyone, when again 'Miss ....' and that when I look around to my right and see the child in question. I deffo can't hear out of my right ear, oh boy I am in for fun Monday morning when they can get very noisy since we also have a student teacher in.

Beth

So ok taken all antibiotic tablets as told! Also gone through 2 (YES) 2 bottles of ear spray. And the silly ear infection is still there!!! Good job its the hosptial appointment tomorrow.

Only got to get through work in the morning! Ummm ear infections and Y1 don't sound like they will go well together. I am hoping they are not tooooo noisy for me, since we have a student teacher in tooo.

Now brownies are a different kettle of fish. They are able to understand the need to play games quietly! Plus I think I will get them to know a 'key word' for when they get too noisy and they need to calm/quieten down. Bless them they appolioges before the holidays for being far to noisy!

Ah well roll on tomorrow afternoon with the hosptial.

Plus I think I will get them to know a 'key word' for when they get too noisy and they need to calm/quieten down.

Don't you have the raised arm signal for quiet in your unit?

Hi Beth,

Just wanted to say I have been thinking of you during today and hope it has all gone ok. I found that children are usually quite understanding and supportive when they know you can't hear, lost voice etc and have asked them to be my helpers for the day and made it as positive as possible but I can understand your concern fully re first day back etc. Key words seems a great idea for Brownies.

Hope the hospital appointment finally gets your ear problems sorted.

Take care and let us know how things go, we are already a 1/4 of the way through the year so on the way to 2011!!!

Nicky Sussex :o