Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Quick Question

I wasn't sure what section this should go under, so I hope it's okay here!

I just need to know what year Reception teachers had to move from using the old national curriculum and over to the new early years curriculum (not necessarily EYFS, was there something before that or not?) Obviously if it was EYFS then only very recently.

Many thanks ...

I have just go back from a course and have the following information:

1996 - Desirable Learning Outcomes

1999 - Early Learning Goals

2000 - Curriculu Guidance for the Foundation Stage (the pink file)

2008 - Early Years Foundation Stage

I think I am right in thinking that these all go up to reception age.

Hope that helps!

That's correct. The ELG's were part of the Curriculum Guidance for the Foundation Stage, I don't think they were a discrete section on their own, though?

The DLO's were definitely first - I've still got my folder of those somewhere!

Cait,

I am trying to find the Desirable Learning Outcomes online to get a quote for an assignment but haven't managed to find them. I've Googled for ages but have had no luck. Any ideas where I might be able to find them?

I am trying to find the Desirable Learning Outcomes online to get a quote for an assignment but haven't managed to find them. I've Googled for ages but have had no luck. Any ideas where I might be able to find them?

Hi Alliwalli, if my memory bank serves me correctly, then I don't think the DLOs were ever available as a download so the only way you would be able to access the full document is by seeing it..I wouldn't be at all surprised if schools or settings still have copies lurking about in their darkest corners...

I also forgot to say that the DLOs only went up to 'compulsory education' which meant that most reception teachers had to use DLO for some children and National Curriculum for those who had reached 5. This was one of the main reasons for bringing in the Foundation Stage and the pink book. (CGFS)

Thanks anyway Cait but I need it sort of last week!! No matter how prepared I seem to be coming up to a deadline, I always manage to want to use something that I cannot get hold of!!

Thanks too Mundia, I find it difficult to remember a time when things were not available for all to see on the World Wide Web!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)