Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Im So Eggcited!

we have 6 chickens eggs in the incubator at work and are following their development with the children with 6 days left to tick on the children's chart!! well i candled(a posh torch for looking into the egg!!!) the eggs today and all 6 have a chick inside :o i know this doesn't mean to say we will have a 100% hatching but should be lucky to have quite a few can't wait to see the children's faces when the chicks hatch, i'm lucky enough to have hens already so will keep the newborns and when big enough introduce the to my other chickens and take lots of photos for the children to see. i just hope the chicks are willing to show an apperence while we are all at pre school not during the night!!

How fantastic ... I've never dared to do this myself ever since my daughter was in reception and the teacher cracked open one of the eggs and a dead partly formed chick was inside - my daughter was distraught! I have though, had baby chicks from a farm into school for the day. The children in class were besotted, and visitors from other classes came down to see them too. Hope they all hatch while the children are there - it will be a truely awesome experiences.

It's truly eggstraordinary isn't it! We are taking delivery of our incubator on Monday with 12 chicken eggs and some ducklings I believe. The 'nursery' is all ready. Just hope the advisors doing our early years audit on Tuesday approve - that's the day they are due to hatch!

We do not know what if anything we have inside the eggs - here's hoping!

Good luck with yours too.

Best of luck to you. I am sure this will be a fantastic experience.....but just to warn you that when we did this last year, all our chicks hatched in the evening when the children wern't there..shame. Nevertheless it was a fantastic experience that I hope to run again next year.

best of "cluck"

Edited by eyfs1966

One of the girls at work was saying that her son's school does this every year, and sets up the webcam so the children (and parents!) can keep an eye on what is happening out of hours!

Would really love to do this, but I'm afraid in a packaway it might not be practical!

Maz