Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sff - Dorset ?

fimbo

• 2 weeks later...

not sure fimbo, i'm also dorset and waiting for a meeting end of march, i hope the funding is set higher than the 3.20 an hour it was going to be when sff was going to kick off in april, ours works out at 184.00 loss per wk going on that figure, does anyone know their funding rate yet ?

is Dorset going to have pathfinder status and has the amount for Dorset been announced yet ?

Here's the list from another post about this. Dorset isn't included!

Maz

Bath and North East Somerset, Bournemouth, Bracknell Forest, Brent, Brighton and Hove, Bromley

Cambridgeshire, Cheshire East, Cheshire West and Chester, Cumbria

Darlington, Devon, Dudley

East Riding of Yorkshire, East Sussex, Enfield

Gateshead, Gloucestershire

Hampshire, Harrow, Hartlepool, Herefordshire

Islington

Kingston-upon-Thames

Lancashire, Lewisham

Medway, Middlesborough

Norfolk, North Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire

Oldham

Plymouth, Portsmouth

Redbridge, Richmond-upon-Thames

Salford, Sheffield, Slough, Solihull, Somerset, South Gloucestershire, Southend, Southampton, Stockport, Stockton, Swindon, Suffolk

Telford and Wrekin, Thurrock, Torbay, Tower Hamlets

Wakefield, Walsall, Warwickshire, Wiltshire

Maz

No, but Gloucestershire is so hey ho, there goes a few percentage points from our funding...

DDC

Maz

No, but Gloucestershire is so hey ho, there goes a few percentage points from our funding...

:o roll on April when we find out how much we are going to get !! -im in Gloucestershire too DDC ,commitee are having kittens waiting. im trying not to panic yet -they are doing enough panicking for all of us !!

:o roll on April when we find out how much we are going to get !! -im in Gloucestershire too DDC ,commitee are having kittens waiting. im trying not to panic yet -they are doing enough panicking for all of us !!

You would have thought that, seeing as it happens with effect from April, they might have published the base rate by now...

Anyway, I have heard (unofficially of course) that it will be £3.22 per hour prior to any adjustments for quality and deprivation.

Anyway, I have heard (unofficially of course) that it will be £3.22 per hour prior to any adjustments for quality and deprivation.

What was it last year, DDC?

Maz

just had our documents through 5 mins ago......we are definatly on £3.22 per hour, no mention in the pack of any other payments for deprivation etc yet - - presume they will come through when the actual payment comes on may 4th.

we are on the SFF from April. The rates settings will be paid are as following

Size Early years Professional Early years Professional No Early years Professional No Early years Professional

Private Provider Voluntary Private Provider Voluntary

£ per hour £ per hour £ per hour £ per hour

Under 8 £5-87 £5-77 £5-16 £5-06

8 - 16 £4-18 £4-08 £3-83 £3-73

over 17 £3-85 £3-75 £3-61 £3-51

Deprivation £50 per child £50 per child £50 per child £50 per child

Not sure if the Deprivation money is paid just once a year,

They are going to look at the measurment for quality in more details in the future but for this year it remains available to those settings who have a member of staff who holds EYPS.

Gosh Rosemarie that has to be the most generous SFF amount I've seen (unless in the words of Saint Esther of Rantzen you know different). Our proposed rate under the EYSFF was £4.02 an hour, but in your area I'd get £5.87!

How does this compare to your existing funding - are you pleased with the new levels?

Maz

Hi Maz

As we have not got EYPS we will get the £3-51 which is about 20p more per hour.

We was disappointed as we got an outstanding on our last ofsted but at the moment that dont count for any think.

Rosemarie

We was disappointed as we got an outstanding on our last ofsted but at the moment that dont count for any think.

Yes, I take your point - for those of us with EYPS this is obviously a very positve part of the EYSFF. However in our LA it had been proposed that the quality element was split - supplements for an EYP, but also for a high percentage of Level 3 qualified staff there are on the team.

It does sound as if LAs are using their SFF to promote the uptake of EYPS in settings - I wonder whether the difference between the rate for having an EYP and not having one would be enough of a carrot to encourage settings to hire or grow their own EYP? Or if the added income together with Graduate Leader Fund would provide a big enough pot for a decent salary?

Incidentally when I tried to work out how much more per hour a setting in your LA I noticed that the difference was bigger for settings with fewer than 8 children than for those with more than 17 children. Am I the only one to have expected the difference to be the same, in percentage terms?

Maz

Hi Maz

We was expecting it to be the same acrossed the board. We are part of the children centre which have a teacher in, but as she is not employed by use it dont count.

Rosemarie

Hi

Just read Nursery World article and we are getting the following

Nottinghamshire County Council

* - Base rate: £3.765 per child per hour

* - Supplements:

* Deprivation - £0.80 per child per hour (based on eligibility for free school meals) plus extra £1.76 if meal is provided.

Nottinghamshire County Council wanted to create a formula that was as simple as possible and has not included any supplements for flexibility or quality.

John Thorn, head of early years and childcare services of Nottinghamshire Children and Young People's Department, explains, 'I have heard of local authorities with five different funding rates, and low base rates, which to me sounds unnecessarily complicated. The PVI sector is getting a small increase in their hourly rate, and they are able to access a deprivation supplement for children who qualify for free school meals. We do not have any transitional funding, as the maintained sector is covered by the minimum funding guarantee for schools, which will come out of a separate budget. We also decided against including a quality supplement. We couldn't justify funding settings at one rate and then taking funding away if their Ofsted rating is downgraded. It seems counterproductive to take money away from a setting if it is not doing very well.'

Mr Thorn believes the impact of the single funding formula on the maintained sector in Nottinghamshire will be minimal because the area has no stand-alone nursery schools, and nursery classes were already being funded based on participation rather than places. 'The maintained sector has always had to manage its places in an appropriate way,' he adds.

The early years department at Nottinghamshire County Council also found it a struggle to get financial data from early years settings.

Mr Thorn says, 'I would estimate that less than 50 per cent responded to our requests for this information and the information that was provided did not help us to identify any sort of pattern. In the end, we abandoned that approach and worked out the formula based on a 26-place setting and what staff costs were likely to be, plus what rental costs were likely to be in the area. There were no more than ten factors that we had to take into account. I am happy to share what we did with any other local authority.'

The article can be found here

www.nurseryworld.co.uk/news/989059/Analysis-EYSFF---Striving-fair-shares/

Rosemarie, Why would a private provider get more then a Voluntary one? kinda makes a mockery of the SFF doesn't it? I

We was under the impression that everyone was going to be paid the same rate until we got the letter.

We had already worked out the wages based on the figure that the private providers are getting, we was also unaware that there was going to be different rates for the number of children in your setting.

We have decided to run at a slight loss this year and hope that it will change next year. if not Im not sure what we are going to do.

Rosemarie

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)