Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Notifying Ofsted

Andreamay

we have 6 children with chicken pox at mo (maybe more) which is quite high proportion at any one time do you think i would need to inform ofsted? Or am i just becoming paranoid cos they are due any time now!!

Andrea

we have 6 children with chicken pox at mo (maybe more) which is quite high proportion at any one time do you think i would need to inform ofsted? Or am i just becoming paranoid cos they are due any time now!!

Andrea

not sure of the official answer but it never crossed my mind when we had an 'outbreak' a couple of years back, 22 children caught it - although not all at once! it was spread over about 6 weeks. Isn't that the nature of chicken pox?

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I would think it is only reportable diseases that need to be reported (plus 2 or more cases of food poisoning?)

Not sure if that helps or not!! :o

thanks mps09 :(

22 is alot!! we have never has more than 1 off at a time with it like you say it usually pans over a half term or so.

I think im just looking for problems im sure your right

Andrea

no doubt others will offer answers too! :(

We had a very very quiet Christmas party because so many were off... the children were being sent home two or three at a time... in my distant memory now but it was a very strange time! Every single child who hadn't already had it, caught it...

Must be because the children love each other so much!! :(:oxD

Funily enough this week we have had our first ever notifiable disease and have found Ofsted really helpful and supportive. If I were you, I would first contact the LEA early years team and ask them for advice. Log the conversation in your incident book and follow their say so. You could also contact your local HPU for advice.

Hi

Just to say you are not alone with the chicken pox.....had lot of children off with it.....thre or four per week since xmas! I would say that OFSTED dont require notice of this.

ok will do thankyou what is a a hPU? Health professional unit? Childrens Centre?

Andrea

Just to explain a HPU is your Health Protection Unit. You should always have a note of their phone number, and can find it by googling HPU and then looking up your area.

Lucky you eyfs 1966 to get someone helpful at the Office of O, I was told to get in touch with Riddor and Cosch when I wanted to report a case of whooping cough. It took a further 4 hours to be able to notify HPU, thank goodness it wasn't life threatening.

Perhaps I have just been lucky with Mrs O...however, the HPU have been a nightmare...have had to make 3 calls to them now ( as 3 cases) and every time have to start the story from scratch, no records seem to exisit and have been given different advice on the "what next" scenarios. Not such a great system!!

we had suspected whooping cough at CC couple years ago, Mrs O was great but HPU useless, said they couldn't help!!!!!!!!! Maybe clean the toys!! and that the DRS would let them know!!!! not much help we didn't think

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)