Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Parents Drive Me Crazy!

My parents are not in my good books today.........had a 'stay and chat' session - told them that any donations recieved for tea/coffee/biscuits would be sent to Sport Relief........they managed to use half a jar of coffee........eat 2 packs of biscuits - all supplied free and gratis by yours truly........so how much do you think was in the 'donation bowl'.........£1.00.........can you believe it? :o

That's dreadful! how mean! I've been trying to get parents to donate for Haiti - I have donated a £20 note (sealed in an envelope) and asked parents to guess the last 2 numbers to win it - all money going to Haiti. Guess how many people have paid £1 a go ...... yeah, 20. It would have been simpler to just give the £20 to Haiti rather than muck about. Sorry to moan!

How mean!! :o

Thankfully not everyone is the same - I've organised a Sport Relief Mile Relay for the toddlers who attend the Childminding Drop-in and one gorgeous little soul (who's 2!) has brought his form back with £50 of sponsorship and the money with it!!! It's still 2 weeks 'til the event!!

Nona

Sunnyday - I just read your post to my 15 year old who said "that's sad!"

She suggested you put a notice up at your next session saying "our Stay & Chat session raised £1 for Sport Relief! If you'd like to boost the total please put a donation in the box" as that should shame them into action!!

Nona

Sunnyday - I just read your post to my 15 year old who said "that's sad!"

She suggested you put a notice up at your next session saying "our Stay & Chat session raised £1 for Sport Relief! If you'd like to boost the total please put a donation in the box" as that should shame them into action!!

Nona

Bless her that's a great idea! :o

I have been questioning myself - did I make it clear enough - I never, ever charge or ask for donations for coffee etc. - could it be that they didn't understand - but then I pulled myself together - I announced it in the newsletter and placed a sign by the refreshments - maybe they didn't bring any money - perhaps they will all surprise me tomorrow.........