Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Rea

I can't see yours tinyone. xD But then again it was me who panicked Rea in the first place. :o My computer is about to take a turn for the worse and needs to go away for a while. :( Just had some good news though - very kind neighbour has offered the use of her laptop. :D Hopefully will be able to use that until mine returns complete with new hard disk drive. :( She obviously took pity on my ashen face - the thought of not being able to access the forum struck terror into me. :(

Sorry Fox,

I'll leave this for the really clever ones - AGES ago there was a thread about this, which is how I got mine.

I think you can do it by typing in something like 'free avatars' on your search engine.

Good luck!!

Sue :o

You'll need to save one onto your computer first - search on gifs or animated gifs and you'll come up with loads to choose from. Once saved (remember where you saved it!!) it's a case of going into your controls and selecting edit avatar settings. Then upload your avatar from your files. Sorry - there was a much better explanation once before. :o Failing that you can get in touch with Steve and he'll help. :D

Hi Fox -

You can find Sue's instructions in this topic.

Two words of caution though:

- be careful on some of the avatar sites. Most of them make their money largely from advertising, and some will atttempt to persuade you to download software (little pop up boxes 'Do you want to install and download xxx by someone ltd'. Don't do this as it is usually something called 'spyware' or 'adware' (sometimes called 'scumware' by people who hold a point of view about it! xD ), and can seriously mess up your computer.

- Personal plea, don't make it TOO animated. Some of these moving avatars make me feel travel sick - don't know about anyone else! :o

My computer finally called it a day earlier this evening. :( There were a few heart stopping moments when I doubted whether I was up to hooking up a laptop and downloading necessary software to go back online but......................here I am!! :D The power of the forum was with me! xD:o (And thanks to Granny Annie for the loan of the laptop!! :( )

Aha!!!

I fixed the problem myself so don't worry Steve.

Not sure what happened but I just updated my avatar with one I had previously saved on my hard drive.

I'm all smiles agaain now. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D