Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Wooden Dolls House

Hello all,

I would like to invest in a wooden dolls house, does anyone have one that they would recommend?

Many thanks,

Jackie.

We have a wooden one (ELC) and a plastic (Playmobil) which have been played with equally. I'd have to say that the plastic one is easier for the children to move around the room, the wooden one is very heavy so tends to stay in one place. The boys like both equally to bash their dinosaurs on :o

I like the wooden one as it reminds me of my childhood doll's house, and because it's wooden 'feels' nicer to play with, but that's just me I think.

The very recent favourite is a plastic thatched cottage that has all the furniture moulded in, it has a noisy, flashing TV, a noisy cooker (frying noises) a telephone that rings (just like ours does) and a doorbell (also identical to ours) so that's pretty annoying at times and I can't wait for the battery to fail. I could take it out, but that seems a bit mean. So it's ICT, of a sort xD

oh - quick edit - I didn't BUY it - a parent 'donated' it as she was sick of it hahahahaha

Edited by Cait

We have a wooden one from The Consortium catalogue. Its quite big and has 'open' sides so makes it easy for children to access. I think if might be made by Plan Toys. We've had it nearly six years and although its a bit battered its perfectly ok.

Beehive

I've had the ELC one for 8 years and it's still looking great! The people are looking a little tired and due for replacement :o

I bought new furniture last year when it was in the sale from Lidl - each room set was £2.99. The pieces are chunkier and have nice coloured cushions which the children love. A 14 month old carries the little velour sofa cushions round day after day!

Nona

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)