Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Is It All Government Departments?!

Rea

In October my son filled in all the forms, with my help, for a student grant for living away from home.

The forms were returned to us with a note that the evidence we'd provided wasnt suitable, although their web site had suggested it.

We sent back more evidence as asked, by Nov 6th and then waited. Son phoned them twice in December to be told it was being processed.

In January he phoned and was told 'we have no forms here from you, can you do them again?' Plus another form we'd never heard of from the tax office.

Ok, the form arrived from the tax office yesterday, just as son was opening a letter from them saying his grant was in his bank account.

Who are these people? Who trains them? Who gives them the job?

All the new evidence is in the car waiting for me to post and he has the money!

This is an open letter to the Government,

please sort out yourselves and your various departments. I will have to do all this again in a couple of years time for youngest son. I dont think I can take it, I seriously think I might bite my own arm off if I have to fill in anymore forms, speak to any more people with accents I cant understand to ask for forms I obviously dont need. Thats all.

Thank you

Edited by Rea

not unusual.. (sounds like when you send stuff to Ofsted)

at least he has got it.. even though it is later than needed.. several students have had to leave uni as they could not afford to pay the rent etc and they were given the run around , or told they had not sent the papers in..

maybe they will have it sorted when it is time for the next one..

Inge

and we had a problem with our electric supplier which took nearly a year to get sorted... ( we have 2 meters and they had transposed the numbers so we were paying to much!)

Edited by Inge