Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Health & Safety In The Work Place

Hi

We have received a letter from our local council stating that all supervisors/managers must hold a level 3 Health & safety in the Workplace certificate.

I have found on line courses for level 2 but not for level 3. Has anyone done this course on line or is it only available by attending a training course?

Essex are offering this in their training brochure but it means I need to take myself away from the setting for 3 days and as we are a new setting I would prefer not to to this at the moment.

Thanks for any advice

Kris

i went on the level 2 course in the summer and was told that all supervisors needed to have level 3 xD sat and thought what was the point of doing the 2, then found out that you have to have the 2 before you can do the 3 :o did you get the training manual for the spring term(you are probably the same as me as we are just down the road from you!) as there is a level 3 course in there it may be full by now i don't know but i do remember reading it!

Our letter came from Epping District Council, apparently it is because of a fatal accident and an amputation in the area that they are requesting this!! I haven't got my level 2 but have managed to get a place on the level 3 course through our spring training brochure. I will attend if I cant find another way of doing it, just wasn't keen on spending 3 consecutive days out of the setting as we have only been open for one term!!

I will have to check about needing level 2 to do level 3, there didn't seem to be a time constraint on completing level 3.

Kris