Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

I've Lost A Reference!

Upsy Daisy

I've been writing an essay and just gone to sort out the Harvard references (nightmare starts).

I have one quote which is;

playing games “can encourage successful learning and increase self esteem” (Briggs and Davis, pg 99).

I can't remember where I got this from. I've checked all my books and downloaded documents, looked on Amazon and Google and poured through my tutorial notes - nothing.

Does anyone recognise the names? Or, failing that, does anyone have another quote I can use which says the same thing? I'm getting very pushed for time and beginning to panic a bit :o

Dorothy Briggs wrote Your Child's Life: a Guide to his self-esteem (Doubleday 1970)

Does that ring any bells? If you Google her name it comes up with 7 other titles - perhaps 1 will "jump out" at you.

Good Luck!

Nona

Edited by Guest

I went onto google scholar then google books, put in Briggs and Davis and this was the first optin. It is maths you're doing isn't it?

there also a 2008 version at anglia library but i can't look inside because it isn't an e-book.

Edited by sam2368

That's the one, sam2368! I can't find it because I had to give it back to the library. It all makes sense now.

I don't know why I couldn't find it on Google. Perhaps I typed it in wrong :o

Thank you all so much.

I just LOVE this forum!

I can finish it off now xD

Edited by Upsy Daisy

I don't know why I couldn't find it on Google. Perhaps I typed it in wrong :o

Google doesn't always have a preview copy of the book! No operator error there, I should say! xD

Maz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)