Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Blue Moon

Cait

So did anyone see it? It was ABSOLUTELY BREATHTAKINGLY BEAUTIFUL and I only wish I could have taken a photograph. It was surrounded by an incredible corolla rainbow for absolutely ages and then there was slight eclipse. I could have watched for longer but it was flippin freezin out there!

Its bright and beautiful, startling clear. And very cold out there!

I missed it I'm afraid - although I can agree about it being cold. Our Council has been out gritting roads and pavements tonight in readiness!

Maz

It was ABSOLUTELY BREATHTAKINGLY BEAUTIFUL and I only wish I could have taken a photograph

Totally agree! I walked Archie about 10:30 before most of the fireworks started and it was like daylight in the field.Usually I use a torch but didn't need one. I too stopped and just stared at the full moon for a few minutes. It was incredibly beautiful. 2 evenings too remember with awe and wonder-Christmas Eve with the snow and New Years Eve with the moon.

we set off a fire lantern to wish for a happier year

We set off a lantern, too - there were lots in our area (must be something to do with the local £ shop stocking them!) but they all looked fabulous against a clear sky and the blue moon!

No photos though. No steady hands for the camera which we're trying to blame on the cold not the mulled wine :o

Nona

p.s. Narnia, I'll join you in wishing for a happier year too!