Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Christmas No1

Rea

I just heard it on the radio - I really didn't think it the facebook campaign against Simon Cowell's dominance of the Christmas No 1 would work. I do feel a bit sorry for the XFactor winner though - hope he hadn't taken anything for granted! :o

Maz

http://www.metrolyrics.com/killing-in-the-...he-machine.html

I couldnt see the lyrics on the link you put Marion, so I found this one. ONLY LOOK IF YOU'RE NOT EASILY OFFENDED!

The song is about police officers in America being in league with the KKK, NOT WHAT A LOT OF PEOPLE THINK.

I have to say, I love it. the campaign was never about Joe, it started before the winner was announced, about two weeks ago. It was aimed at anyone who was fed up with the bland re-run of ballards ruling the charts and I think that point has been recognised.

The cynic in me wonders how much money the ringleader of the against X Factor movement made from the campaign. I wouldn't have bought the X factor single personally but neither do I like the idea of being manipulated to buy a 10 year old track

Bookmakers are saying it has cost them over £1M

Edited by Marion

The cynic in me wonders how much money the ringleader of the against X Factor movement made from the campaign. I wouldn't have bought the X factor single personally but neither do I like the idea of being manipulated to buy a 10 year old track

Bookmakers are saying it has cost them over £1M

Now I'm certainly not defending him......but saw the 'ringleader' on BBC News this morning........he said that this campaign raised in excess of £70,000 for Shelter.........if so that's just fantastic!

Loved my daughter-in-laws comment - "well you can hardly sing along with that"!!! :oxD

My son is over the moon about no1. He played it to me yesterday and blipped out the f words at the end. He said that maybe he should be a dj afterwards and I agreed as he did a good job. Why do they have to swear? Always puts me off a song if lots of swearing in lyrics. I just don't get it?? Do they do it for effect or do people genuine relate better to the lyrics if there is swearing in them?

Redbase :o

Woo Hooo ....we all downloaded in our house....R A T M!

I am over the moon about it....people power......and a bit of anarchy! love it!

Edited by Guest

Well i am not keen on the song, but love the principle. When I was young (never thought I would say those words!) there used to be a real contest for the number one slot, nowadays (!) nobody bothers as it is always the x-factor winner that gets it. I do feel a bit sorry for the young chap but he has got youth on his side!

I feel for Joe too, but not because of this campaign, more because Simon and the whole X factor machine will drop him as soon as he stops making money for them like Sony did with that other chap (cant remember his name though)

I downloaded 8 copies some as gifts and yes Simon and Sony will make money from it but it wasnt about that.