Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Curse The Little Darlings ... They Made Me Sick Lol

Hi,

well one month into new job working in nursery and the children have succesfully made me sick.... hardly surpirsing with their coughing and sneezing in my face (nice).... spentg my weekend sick in bed with aches and temperature, went into work yesterday and was in agony averytime i bent down (sore sinuses)... off to doctors in a bit in the hope they can give me some wonderful drugs to help me feel better LOL.

you would think after working in nurseries for nearly ten years i would be immune now LOL, clearly not.

felt so bad ringing in ill today, but can't be helped i guess.....

so twiddling my thumbs between episodes of pain... fun...

hope you all have a fab day :o

Dawn

Poor you!

They love to share everything with us don't they - not always a good thing! :o Hope you're soon on the mend - and far better to be at home with your germs than being at work and spreading them around!

Take care

Maz

It must be catching :o I went in to help out early last week and ended up ill over the weekend nursing something similar to you. I feel a little better today so I'm going to dose myself up for tonight as I have theatre tickets and I'm off to the Xmas market beforehand.

oh dear, there are a few sick people floating around the forum, get well wishes to us all.

the nice doctor today gave me a ten day course of antibiotics, which brings me nicely to xmas day LOL..... shame i have a wedding at the weekend.... sure your not meant to drink whilst on antibiotics, how disapointed am i LOL

Dawn

Yes me too, had sinus infection, last week it came to a head and had to go to the doctors for some antibiotcs, been taking them for 4 days now and feel heaps better, and the best thing was i was told i could still drink at my xmas do as it's a myth that you cant drink alcohol with them!! result :o

Guest Mrs Tiggy Winkle

My doctor and I agreed that antibiotics were not necessary yet so I have a weeks worth of steroids to hopefully avoid them -yippee!! :o

Now I just need to check up on the leaflet about alcohol....and then find somewhere on the interwebbynet thing that says I can still drink xD

Guest Mrs Tiggy Winkle

ok so my optimism re. the antibiotics was short lived - back to docs today and now have antibiotics too :o so no alcohol for me til Christmas Eve! xD I hope you have more luck than me on that front Dawn!

The doctor told me it's an old wives tale that you cant drink while on antibiotics (something to do with soilders in the war) took his word for it and on my christmas do had a few and was fine! And got better too.

oooh, take the antibiotics and minimise the alcohol consumption. My sister in law collapsed the other day, unconcious, in the high street, ambulance and lots of worry, we later found out it was due to inflamed sinuses. :o

Take care all, and hope all the bugs get frozen away by the snow. xD

Peggy