Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ofsted This Week!

Hi all,

We had the dreaded phone call today saying ofsted are coming this wed and thurs! We weren't due one until the summer term so caught us all a bit by surprise! I wouldn't normally worry as much as I know I am doing the right thing but this week as we have the nativity, I have mainly planned creative christmassy things to do - do you think I should change planning?

Also I'm not sure whether I should do my profiles this week? Was going to do them at the end of next week for this half term but will it be good to have them to show progress?

Thanks all! Sorry for the panicked message! KST

i would say dont change your planning because if thery walk in and all the children are really engaged in your actvities it will reflect really well on you. Plus im sure im sure your classroom is looking text rich related to christmas! but that is just me x x x

Hi all,

We had the dreaded phone call today saying ofsted are coming this wed and thurs! We weren't due one until the summer term so caught us all a bit by surprise! I wouldn't normally worry as much as I know I am doing the right thing but this week as we have the nativity, I have mainly planned creative christmassy things to do - do you think I should change planning?

Also I'm not sure whether I should do my profiles this week? Was going to do them at the end of next week for this half term but will it be good to have them to show progress?

Thanks all! Sorry for the panicked message! KST

Hi,

I would say just keep your planning exactly as you have and just make sure you've got some short numeracy and phonics activities slotted in (first thing, before lunch etc). They will be aware that it is Nativity time of year and will probably realise you're changing things for their benefit! They will be able to look at your previous plans so will know you do focus on other subjects normally!

Try not to worry and just stick with what you already have planned.

Tried to reply but something went wrong!

Thanks for your speedy replies. Great to hear that you think I should stick with plans! I have phonics planned for everyday and am doing 3D shaps in PSRN tomorrow so will add another carpet session on this.

For my continuous provision I have wrapping papers and boxes to wrap, gift tags, cards and postbox etc - do you think I should write learning objectives or intentions for them? I dont usually!

Thanks again KST

Tried to reply but something went wrong!

Thanks for your speedy replies. Great to hear that you think I should stick with plans! I have phonics planned for everyday and am doing 3D shaps in PSRN tomorrow so will add another carpet session on this.

For my continuous provision I have wrapping papers and boxes to wrap, gift tags, cards and postbox etc - do you think I should write learning objectives or intentions for them? I dont usually!

Thanks again KST

Hi KST

Have you ever read aboutt he magic 3d shape bag on this forum? i do it regulary and last week and it never fails to amaze me how invovled and focused they get!! It will be a brilliant link to 3d pressies too!

Andrea

Thanks again KST

Having had Ofsted last week, that could be a good idea! Also remember to reiterate your learning objectives at every opportunity!

Expect to be watched and Good luck. Its really stressful I know but you will be through this soon.

good luck from me too, we are expecting the call any day, and I am thinking (in my rational head!) that they should just take us as they find us, it is Christmas and that is what the children will be wanting/needing! Like a previous poster has said they will look at the plans to see what you have been doing in the bigger picture.

Good luck again and let us know how you get on

Clare x

Just wanted to sya good luck also. My advice is stick to your plans. Late changes normally are disasterous.

Just be prepared to let the inspector know what your normal planning looks like, and why you have decided to do what you are doing. We had our inspection on last 2 days of summer term, so again, way diffent to normal routine and activities, but the inspector did take this into account.

All the very best.

Good luck with it!

It strikes me that they really shouldn't come at this time of year, or at the end of the summer term, it's not really fair on those settings.

They could give us all a one or two week 'time out' at the ends of terms :o

I'm fairly certain they don't come in the first or last week of term. However that's the LA term dates and not those adapted by a school, so where a school in my LA had ofsted in their last week of the summer it was actually the official second to last week if you see what I mean.

HMI however can descend whenever they like.

Cx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)