Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New Sef

Hmmm - not sooooo efficient - I uploaded the wrong thing TWICE!!!

Have asked Beau to remove the wrong ones!

Sorry, was off looking elsewhere and didn't see your message immediately. Its all removed now so you can try again! :o

Guest candidoodi

Hi

In the new SEF what is the difference between children feeling safe and the effectiveness of safeguarding - i feel i will be repeating myself?

If anyone could help i would be grateful as the guidance wasnt that helpful!

C

Could be wrong but i think the first one is what do you do to ensure the children feel safe, do they understand dangers and how to stay safe, what extent do the children show that they feel safe and do they have the confidence to confide in adults. The second one is more the underpinning of what you do and how effective it is - policies and procedures, the vetting and suitability of staff, do staff understand how to implement procedures in the event of safeguarding concerns, risk assessments etc. The guidance also includes effective steps to promote children's good health.

Finally done my amendments onto the new format, deleted all the 'please delete' stuff and submitted it. what a pain but so glad it's done......until the next time :o

How onerous was it? I really need to update mine over Xmas, and would love an indication of just how painful the process was.

It took me about 3 hours having handwritten amendments all over a printed copy of my last submitted (old version) SEF. that included things I thought of as I went along. I tried not to think too much about where everything ended up and one bit at least seems to not be in an appropriate place but I'm past caring! at least it's done and I've got most of the stuff I wanted in there and amended things such as improvements we have now made.

now I need to update the action plan which is based on the SEF....

good luck with yours

• 1 month later...
Guest candidoodi
It took me about 3 hours having handwritten amendments all over a printed copy of my last submitted (old version) SEF. that included things I thought of as I went along. I tried not to think too much about where everything ended up and one bit at least seems to not be in an appropriate place but I'm past caring! at least it's done and I've got most of the stuff I wanted in there and amended things such as improvements we have now made.

now I need to update the action plan which is based on the SEF....

good luck with yours

Still doing this SEF its so tedious I feel Im getting no where fast. The whole thing is a muddle and I have repeated my self through out. oh well!

You mentioned an action plan where would i be able to get one? Is it an Ofsted form?

best wishes

C

Still doing this SEF its so tedious I feel Im getting no where fast. The whole thing is a muddle and I have repeated my self through out. oh well!

You mentioned an action plan where would i be able to get one? Is it an Ofsted form?

best wishes

C

I've attached our action plan which we did after going through the SEF section by section then noting any issues, assigning a lead person and target completion date.

I'll be adding our SEF to the exemplar thread later this evening. Don't know if it's any good but it will have to do because I'm sick of the sight of it :oxD

RR

Action_Plan_2010_sample.xls

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)