Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Making Christingles

I want to give our children Christingles this year. They won't be making them themselves. Because some are still under 3 I have reservations about using real candles, and just wondered if ayone had come up with an alternative. I thought about candy sticks that look like cigarettes but that's a mixed message. Any ideas, or do you thuink I should go with the candles? Obviously they won't be lit & children would only have them if their parent/carer was ready to collect them.

Surely if they aren't going to light them it doesn't matter. You can order Christingle things from www.christingle.org they don't charge for them but ask for a donation towards the Children's Society. There's lots of good ideas on the site too.

If they aren't going to light them then I don't see why using real candles would be a problem, presumably it's not like you have matches lying around the setting so they could 'accidently' light them themselves! The point of cristingles is that they have a light (the candle) and that it represents how Jesus was the light of the world, making them with candy sticks seems a little bit pointless really. Those glow candles would be the only sensible alternative I can see to an actual candle if you really don't want to use real ones.

post-64-1293224831_thumb.jpg

Merry Christmas!

Edited by Guest
December Competition

I thought not lighting them made it not an issue, but concerns have been raised :o

Thanks for your suggestions; I like the glowsticks idea & may go with that!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)