Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Group Challenge Ideas

Hi

I was wondering if anyone has some good ideas, as my brain does not seem to be working today!

I want to introduce some group challenges for the children in my reception class which encourages them to work together to solve a problem. This doesn't have to be PSRN based as my intention is to build their relationships and skills for working with others, amongst many other things such as thiking skills and use of language.

Does anyone have any great ideas I could use please?

Thanks xx

what about building somethingtogether - you could use a problem such as animals / people dont have a home - they need to think about what the house needs then talk about how they are going to build it,what with and who is going to build which bit and how they will join all bits together

Hi

How about getting the children to create an assault course?

I hung a door mat on the fence and velcroed pictures of our assault course equipment on it in a particular order eg blue hoop, milk crates, a-frame, cones, barrel red hoop.

The children had to work together to create the course the same as the 'map'. When they had done it they could play on it and even create a new 'map' for another group of children to create.

We had some great observations and the children worked really hard together and had to use lots of cooperation skills.

Helen

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)