Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sorry To Mention The C Word - Christmas!

chasrosam

Hi everyone, sorry to begin a discussion about the C word but it has to be started i'm afraid !!!

I thought i'd pick everyones brains about the Christmas nativity, we are doing a bought CD pack "C-H-R-I-S-T-M-A-S spells Christmas" which we have done on previous years and is really good, the children can achieve it and is popular with parents and staff alike.

The problem I have is that this year we have increased in numbers of children so I have a lot of extra roles to add, we have allocated roles but I have groups of sheep, camels and donkeys who at the moment don't do much in the play. I would like each group to perform a dance but am struggling to think of any good music or songs to fit ! I think the right music wouldn't need to have words but I'm not getting any inspiration, any ideas welcome PLEASE !!!??!?

Thanks Sue

In the past we have done the full nativity, but really simplified it. We started out by listing all the nursery rhymes we knew well and the odd one or two rhymes/carols which we could learn quickly and then tied them to the nativity story. The audience (parents) were helped to understand our story line by wall displays/pictures relating to the nativity story and the rhyme we used for that section. So for the shepherds we sang Baa Baa Black Sheep, the kings, Alice the Camel, etc. We have also had a staff member narrate in the style of telling the children a very simple story as we went along. Hope that helps someone a bit - no idea what we are doing this year yet.

Found a donkey song we used a number of years ago, it's from The Early Learning Centre Christmas Songs book, its called Joseph and the donkey

Joseph led the donkey

Mary sat upon its back,

Clip Clop Clip Clop

Clip Clop Clip Clop

down the mountain track

Joseph stroked the donkey,

Then he whispered in his ear,

Clip Clop, Clip Clop

Clip Clop,Clip Clop

Bethlehem is near

Joseph thanked the donkey

For he just walked on and on,

Clip Clop clip Clop

Clip Clop Clip Clop

He carried Mary's son

Joseph hugged the donkey

On that cold December morn,

Clip Clop Clip Clop

Clip clop Clip Clop

When Jesus Christ was born

(They suggest you use coconut shells for the clip clop part!)

Found a donkey song we used a number of years ago, it's from The Early Learning Centre Christmas Songs book, its called Joseph and the donkey

Joseph led the donkey

Mary sat upon its back,

Clip Clop Clip Clop

Clip Clop Clip Clop

down the mountain track

Joseph stroked the donkey,

Then he whispered in his ear,

Clip Clop, Clip Clop

Clip Clop,Clip Clop

Bethlehem is near

Joseph thanked the donkey

For he just walked on and on,

Clip Clop clip Clop

Clip Clop Clip Clop

He carried Mary's son

Joseph hugged the donkey

On that cold December morn,

Clip Clop Clip Clop

Clip clop Clip Clop

When Jesus Christ was born

(They suggest you use coconut shells for the clip clop part!)

That a great song, will use that THANKS going to use claves for clip clop!!!! LOVE Christmas its so lovely and stressful just what we need :oxD I generally make us songs but sometimes the creative side of me is very drained and I just laugh at myself. We are a pre-school in a village hall not so many children this year so easy to teach them this!!!!!Parents will love it :(

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)