Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New Puppy!

Hi everyone,

On the 9th of December we will welcome another choccie lab into our family. I have one boy already, he's two and called Rockie, which somehow has been translated as Dills (dont ask as I cant remember why). We are so excited and just kitted out his doggie crate with soft blankets, toys and vet bed, which Dills is now sleeping in he he.

We are trying to think of a suitable name for our new arrival, with noodles and buttons making the shortlist, just wondered if anyone else had any ideas, have attached a photo of our Dills for you all to see how beautiful he is and one of the puppy, although he is still very young and looks a little squashed at the moment.

post-6528-1256916503_thumb.jpg

post-6528-1256917854_thumb.jpg

Edited by cupcake

Are you really going to want to be shouting noodles or buttons across the park!?

He looks lovely though.

LOL I really dont mind, I heard funnier names on my daily walks, I quite like Red for a name but the kids keep saying you cant have a brown dog called Red lol

Claire x

You lucky, lucky thing! I am soooooooo jealous!

He looks absolutely beautiful..........will have a think about names.........

Did I mention how jealous I am!

Aww I know Im very lucky, my choccie boy is my all consuming passion, he is spoilt rotten as will the new addition, I promise to post lots of piccies, so we could sort of share lol

Claire x

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Archie-border terrier who we got at Easter is the light of all our lives. We choose his name before we got him but if we had waited until we got to know his dogality he would have had a different name. He adores Pringles xD or he looks so much like a Steiff teddy bear that I keep threatening to sew button in his ear so he would be Pringle or Stieff. After 10 years dogless we are all so smittened we are think of getting another also :o

Griff Rhys Jones has a chocolate lab who accompanied him on his series about rivers often sat in the canoe in a lifejacket . He is called Cadbury.

Going with the chocolate theme-Galaxy, Coco, Mac (Caramac) Fudge

Edited by Guest

owwwwwwwwwwww i wont show anyone your pics in my house - or else they will all start moaning at me xD:(:(

:o here's a few more, when Dills was a puppy, go on show em.

post-6528-1256921464_thumb.jpg

post-6528-1256921861_thumb.jpg

post-6528-1256921886_thumb.jpg

post-6528-1256921951_thumb.jpg

post-6528-1256921996_thumb.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Archie-border terrier who we got at Easter is the light of all our lives. We choose his name before we got him but if we had waited until we got to know his dogality he would have had a different name. He adores Pringles xD or he looks so much like a Steiff teddy bear that I keep threatening to sew button in his ear so he would be Pringle or Stieff. After 10 years dogless we are all so smittened we are think of getting another also :o

Griff Rhys Jones has a chocolate lab who accompanied him on his series about rivers often sat in the canoe in a lifejacket . He is called Cadbury.

Going with the chocolate theme-Galaxy, Coco, Mac (Caramac) Fudge

Owww your dog is gorgeous!!! He reminds me of a dog on TV when I was a kid growing up in Australia, called Benji, not sure if the show was shown over here, but Awww what a sweetie he is, love the name Pringles lol

Claire x

He reminds me of a dog on TV when I was a kid growing up in Australia, called Benji, not sure if the show was shown over here,

He is the same breed. Usually they are clipped like the dog in Theres something about Mary but left unclipped they get shaggy like Benji. Archie's just not quite ready for his first clipping.They do not shead so it was a good breed choice for my asthmatic daughter.

When our dog passed away - some 6 years ago now - I took the decision not to have another dog until I retire..............well I may just have to change my mind about that

I said the same 10 years ago but when I was recommended 'weight baring exercise' it seemed sensible to get a dog because you HAVE to walk regardless of the weather. :o

Chocolate labradors are my favourite colour choice. It seems a long wait until 9th December but he'll sure have a lot of fun with all the wrapping paper.When you have a short list you'll have to set up a poll.

I just adore Labradors (black is the colour of choice for me). Mine's a 10 year old boy who I just adore.

Funnily enough my husband has been smitten by the Border Terriers that he meets as a sales rep, and would like one and I must admit having met one in the summer I can see why - such character and so adorable.

You can't beat the squidgy Labrador puppy though! Lucky you! Enjoy. How I remember the long wait for the puppy to be old enough to bring home!

Aawww, thanks for sharing...my hubby is now officially BROODY - for a dog!

They are all gorgeous...have had instrcutions not to show him any more lol :o

Like the chocolate theme...Ripple, Aero, Wispa, Buttons is a fave...off to the corner shop to buy some (chocolate) now!!

Oh wow how lovely and I'm really jealous. Dogs are such wonderful creatures and make good and amusing friends.

I'm with Sunnyday. When we lost our beloved Tryfan, a beautiful Border Collie named after a mountain in Wales, I was astonished at the grief I felt. I still get upset when I think of him and vowed I'd never have another dog. Time has passed, and yes I would like another one now but my OH is against it. Perhaps not another Border Collie as they need miles of walks each day!

When our dog passed away - some 6 years ago now - I took the decision not to have another dog until I retire..............well I may just have to change my mind about that! :o

Why not just retire early then? Problem solved!

Maz