Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Behaviour Due To Multiple Settings

Hi lawchaz

Noticed that you hadn't had any replies.......

Can't help at all with your query - sorry :o

But just wanted to say that I have had lots of children in my care who attend other settings and this has never presented any problems........

Is there some behaviour issue that has prompted your question?

In my experience as a Preschool Manager I've not come across problems, but as an Auntie I have.

My Nephew's behaviour very rapidly went downhill once his care changed from Mum and occasional childminder, to Mum, Childminder, Preschool, lunch club, childminder, Mum.

He had severe behavioural issues involving the Ed Psyc team and lots of issues that still remain. My sister is adamant that it stems back to that time, when different settings' behavioural expectations were inconsistent for him - and she's aware that a lot of that might have been her guilt at returning to work

In my experience as a Preschool Manager I've not come across problems, but as an Auntie I have.

My Nephew's behaviour very rapidly went downhill once his care changed from Mum and occasional childminder, to Mum, Childminder, Preschool, lunch club, childminder, Mum.

He had severe behavioural issues involving the Ed Psyc team and lots of issues that still remain. My sister is adamant that it stems back to that time, when different settings' behavioural expectations were inconsistent for him - and she's aware that a lot of that might have been her guilt at returning to work

I've been on an attatchement issues course today and a child having multiple carers came up as one of the possible causes, so maybe the fact that he had so many different people rather than the security of Mum and one other person? Normal attatchment to main carer can take 2 to three years apparently, was it during the first 2 to three years of his life? Am absolutely no expert though, just some information given today.

I've been on an attatchement issues course today and a child having multiple carers came up as one of the possible causes, so maybe the fact that he had so many different people rather than the security of Mum and one other person? Normal attatchment to main carer can take 2 to three years apparently, was it during the first 2 to three years of his life? Am absolutely no expert though, just some information given today.

Oh yes - most definitely. We certainly put it down to that

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)