Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Woohoo! I Finally Have A Job!

I jut thought I'd share my excitement with you all! After 7 interviews (yes, 7!) I finally have a job!

I went to interview for a Year 4 post, not thinking I'd get it considering my EY background and lack of KS2 exp, the interview went well, lesson went great (apart from one child declaring mid lesson that her auntie is a 'real witch who rides white horses' :o ) Anyway, the head rang me and offered me a Nursery post instead because they loved me so much haha!

Its so weird, after ALL this time, my very own class... God help me!!

Thank you! Its a job share, I wonder if anyone has any advice to set me off on the right foot with that?

Congratulations! I wish I could say I got a job after 7 interviews... sadly it was a lot more than that.

Anyway with regards to the job share I have to say that whilst obviously being polite and respectful to the other person, especially if they have been there a long time, it's important to make your mark! I do a job share and due to the fact that the other teacher has lots of students and I look so young and I didn't put myself forward enough I now get treated like a student! The other teacher seems to think I'm incapable of doing things like setting up assessment folders or making phone calls to parents. It's awful and I'm struggling to pull it back so that's my main advice. Go in strong and stick to your guns!

Thanks everyone!

I went into the school yesterday, met my JS, she is LOVELY! Im really lucky, she is desperate for someone to work with and is really happy to have me there so thats a good start. There's lots of space in the nursery for us to have our own displays if we so wish so we wont be fighting for space, she's been there a long time and the classroom is very 'lived in' but I'm happy with the layout, and prob wouldn't change anything ATM anyway. The children on the other hand are a complete handful! Should be fun!!!

Hi Lisa,

Well done from all of us here :o Great news. PM me and tell me where you'll be!

My advice about a jobshare is always aim to do more than half of what is required. Personally, I never wanted my JS partner to feel that I wasn't pulling my weight, so I always put in more than I thought was expected of me (incidentally, so did she!) Of course, you need to keep an eye on doing it all and being a complete walkover!

Not sure how you're going to have the handover, but make sure you have plenty of time at least once a week to discuss everything. Your phone bills will treble, too!