Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Another One....

Ok help please....the operational plan at my new setting has been completed by the Admin Manager and it has been done in a completely different way that I previously done mine.....I think it is fine but can someone reassure me....I put EVERYTHING in mine but my colleague has a list cross referencing where everything you need is......it is not divided into the ECM areas but it does seem to contain everything ....it has lists of what is needed and details of where to find it all......I think it is fine but just wanted to be sure as it is another grey area of our roles and I would like to be sure that I am au fait with it all.....thank you....sorry there may be more questions tonight I am on a mission......for anyone's information things are still sticky....but I am coping ....probs thanks to you peeps.... :oxD:(:(

Edited by Guest

I always did ours like that, didn't double up on stuff just said where to find it, meant when things changed I only had to do it in the one place and not the op plan as well. some things were found on noticeboards etc and I always felt I didn't want to do it twice

this was Ok if the rest of the admin was filed and easy to find.. last Ofsted all i did was give the file and the cupboard where everything else was . some was in different places in the setting but it was easy to find using the file for reference.. my op plan was only 2 pages long!

but the info filled 2 shelves of a large locked cupboard!

as you need to know the contents as it will have all policies etc perhaps you need a day for using the op plan to find your way around where it is all kept and what it all contains.

Inge

• 3 weeks later...
Hi does anyone have a copy of an operation plan

I think each setting's plan will be very individualised, although what to include has been discussed on here before. Why not have a look here which was a thread about what people put on their index pages.

Maz

I think it is fine but just wanted to be sure as it is another grey area of our roles and I would like to be sure that I am au fait with it all

I'd let this role go in terms of actually shuffling paper and compiling the op plan. :o However, EVERY person within the setting should be able to access, know /understand, and follow it's content.

Maybe you could ask your admin to provide a mini induction for all staff on the layout, use etc of the completed Operational Plan, including the importance of team work to maintain it. xD ( ie: everyone has a voice to suggest changes, additions with new knowledge etc)

Positively thinking, does 'sticky' mean bonding together maybe? :(:(

Peggy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)