Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Bereavement Books

Panders

I just a quick look on Amazon - they have quite a few.........

I have alittle boy whose mummy sadly died - about 4 months ago.......when I spoke to his daddy prior to him starting with us - he told me in no uncertain terms that we were not to mention 'Heaven' - this was advice given to him by bereavement counsellors.....of course I will completely go along with this.......but.....I think it's very sad......if he asks where his mummy is - his daddy tells him "you know where she is, we go and see her" - meaning her grave.......

I could better understand if his daddy held firm beliefs - but this is not the case........

My grandchildren firmly believe that their lost loved ones (people and pets) are in heaven and that heaven is a beautiful place and that they are very happy there........

Badger's Parting Gift is lovely and there's a wonderful story sack of it. Goodbye Mog is also great and shorter - slightly less full on - perhaps better for slightly younger children? Both of them need to be read by the adult first so adult can be prepared to hold it together whilst reading such moving books.

These people Evans Books have a series on separation which include books on death, divorce, hospital and moving, all themes which we encounter now and again. Had a rep from the company in today and they are good books. Both our chair and I were very inpressed.

Rachel

Edited by Beau
To mend broken link

Thank you Rachel, I have tried to look at your link, but my connection whilst it is allowing me to come on here does not want to connect me to the link. I will try again later!

I gave mum two books, Badgers Parting Gift and another called Heaven, she brought back Heaven and said that she and her husband had looked at it and decided that it probably wasn't right for them, but she is keeping Badger's Parting Gift for a little while.

the funeral is on Friday and both the little girls are going, so there may be more questions after that.

At the moment with so many people coming and going from granny's, mum says the older one who is with us is enjoying all the company and doesn't realise what is happening