Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

If You Could Visit An Inspirational Setting Anywhere In The Country..

Hi Everyone

I work in day care and I'm fairly new to this fabulous forum (have spent the last few weeks reading as much of it as I can; addicted doesn't begin to describe!!) and love how supportive everyone is. It's reassuring to hear we aren't alone in our issues :o

I'm indulging in a little escapism (actually i'm using it as a means to try and get back to sleep in the middle of the night lol)...if you had a maigc carpet, which setting would you love to visit and why?

I love the idea of the forest schools and Pen Green is an obviuos choice - but there must be countless others who maybe don't get as much publicity..and are a little more achievable to us everyday folk xD

Good question and got me thinking....but unfortunately I have to go to work...welcome and thanks for putting something else in my head today...I will be back..... xD:o:(:(:(

Good question and got me thinking....but unfortunately I have to go to work...welcome and thanks for putting something else in my head today...I will be back..... xD:o:(:( :wacko:

Haha!! :( Thanks for the welcome Shirel, That's what I've found too about this wonderful place - my to do list is now huge!!! xD Have a good day x

I heard Julien Grenier speak at a conference in Pen Green some years back, and I'd love to go and visit his setting - the Kate Greenaway nursery/children's centre/primary school. (I think that about covers the age range, but I'm not sure about the primary bit!).

Have been to Pen Green a few times now and always bring something new back from a visit - as a packaway group we can't hope to emulate much of what they do but we can bring a few touches of their practice to ours.

Would like to go and see Paddy Beel's setting in action, having heard Marion rave about her.

Will keep thinking!

Maz

Mmmm...Scandanavia sounds great, love their ethos and the fact that the practitioners are so well respected (our government has so much to learn!). Watched something on Teachers TV ages ago, they have such a relaxed approach - and they go out in the winter (and run on ice :o ) and don't always seem to need coats on!! Is it me or have children changed over the years - definately being rushed through their childhood

Not heard much about the Kate Greenaway setting...will get googling! You've got to see Paddy at Wingate, you can't help being inspired and she's such a 'warm' person she really makes you feel a part of things - well worth the money... and so much of what she does, 'making learning visible' can be achieved in all types of settings. couldn't believe it when the children's work, obs etc were mounted on a good old cardboard box - looked fab and i bet the kids had great fun in the box beforehand.(the lunches are fab too!!)

What is it about Whistlebrae that appeals so much, Marion, if you don't mind me asking - another one I haven't heard of.

Just got a moment to pop in...been writing up records all night.......love that link Marion....absolutely inspiring...that's what I want ...children at my setting better have their wellies ready tomorrow.... :o

Edited by Guest

Hi there

Farley Outdoor Nursery in Wiltshire is one of the most inspiring settings I have visited. Sue Palmer (no relation of the other Toxic Childhood one) is so brilliant and makes it all sound so easy - loads of ideas. I've been a few times and each time I wanted to stay - forever!

Lesley :o

I'd jump at the change of a visit to Reggio - or does it have to be a realistic possibility? I love to dream .... Italy here I come! :(:oxD

xD Reggio would be fab, wouldn't it? I really like the New Zealand approach too... realistic's more achievable to see but dreaming's better!!

Ooooh to have endless amounts of money :o off to put the lottery on now!

• 1 year later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)