Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ict/investigation Equipment

I've been put in charge of a grant of £400 to buy resources for our ICT and KUW area. I have a few ideas of what to buy, but they are the usual roamers, walkie talkies, microphones etc. Does anyone have anything techie you use with your kids that get them investigating and talking?

I've been put in charge of a grant of £400 to buy resources for our ICT and KUW area. I have a few ideas of what to buy, but they are the usual roamers, walkie talkies, microphones etc. Does anyone have anything techie you use with your kids that get them investigating and talking?

I've heard a usb microscope is very good, think they not too expensive

Happy spending

A light box with all sorts of bits and pieces.

We have a small one we got after a fund raiser which we then got xrays for, coloured acetate sheets and use other things eg shells, pine cones etc. We also have a perspex bottomed sand box which we sit on top of the light box so children can find the light through patterns that they make with different things.

The light box can be hung up and used in the role play area - surgery, vet and even the garden centre as we treated ourselves to all the xrays inc. my husband's spinal ones!!

This link might be useful

Reflections on Learning Link

I would go with the digi blu microscope they are fab!!

I also like light boxes.

How about camera?

Or digital picture frame to let the children see their pictures?

A mini digital voice recorder is good too for capturing music....... and then playing back on the computer. These pieces of music can be kept too!!

Thanks for the ideas, they are all on my list - I especially love the X-rays! We have a digital camera and photoframee which is on every day. I saw on Teachers TV yesterday that there are photo albums the children can record their voices onto and I'm off to the TES exhibition on Saturday so I'm hoping to have a page of ideas very soon.

I havde just received an A4 photo album that the children or staff can record a commentary on - it came from Tesco or Sainsbury vouchers (can't remember which one) I am looking forward to playing with it over the weekend so that I can take it in on Monday to show the children and staff. I have wanted to get one for quite a while.

On a course recently someone was telling us about a pen that can translate words into many different languages. You just roll the pen over a word - sounds very good to me. Has anyone heard of it and if so - where can I get one from?

Thanks

Sue J

metal detector, you can get small hand held ones or child sized ones...

ours loved it.. items hid in all sorts of places, and shredded paper works well for hiding items in large areas , just very messy to clear up!

Inge

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)