Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Interview Tommorow

Hi,

well i started my morning job search, which is becoming so frequent now.... and there was a position for a nursery teacher in a montessori nursery.

As it happens i was a student their many moons ago, but the same manager is still there, wonder if that will help me?????

on the phone this morning she asked me why i left my previous position and me being honest told her i was dismissed, i explained that i felt honesty was the best policy and she agreed. she also assured me confidentiality when i talk to her. I have explained i am going to be going through an unfair dismissal route as i am fighting this.

I feel strangely nervous for the interview, wish me luck....

i now need to glean up on the montessori approach.

Dawn

Hi Dawn -

You were dead right to be honest with her - and she obviously appreciated this and was not put off by what you told her. She knows you of old and is trusting her own judgement - you must have impressed in the past :) Just be yourself - honest as you have been already and if it's meant to be, it will be - Good luck and fingers crossed!

Good luck :)

If I was interviewing someone going through a dismissal process it would help me if they came with a list of the allegations and your viewpoint on them. Does that make sense?

Accusation Rebutal

Obtaining money by deception On such a date etc........

I don't know if others would find that useful or off putting, but as an employer I would like to know exactly why you were dismissed.

And again - Good Luck!!!!

I agree about honesty being the best policy - and in your other post you were incredibly reflective about what happened and what you might do differently next time. You can certainly talk at the interview about how the experience has affected you as a practitioner and I'm sure they'll be impressed that you are so open and reflective.

Good luck!

Maz

I agree about honesty being the best policy - and in your other post you were incredibly reflective about what happened and what you might do differently next time. You can certainly talk at the interview about how the experience has affected you as a practitioner and I'm sure they'll be impressed that you are so open and reflective.

Good luck!

Maz

Maz making perfect sense as usual! Tell them what you have learned from the experience and be positive about moving on.

The very best of luck tomorrow Dawn.

Let us know how you get on. xx

Very best of luck Dawn,

I totally agree and it has been honesty that has shone through at interview stage and convinced me that some people are certainly right for the job - I'd rather know the truth and see the persons feelings, than be led to believe someone is honest when they aren't!

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow

Spiral x