Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Policy Updates

Guest candidoodi

Guest candidoodi

Hi as part of my new role as Preschool leader I have to update policies along with the commitee. The current ones are photocopied, long winded and not adapted from what I have seen. Although I have only been at the setting for 2 weeks I dont feel some of the Policies reflect the practice. Not having had this responsibility before I was hoping for some tips and suggestions?

Many thanks

C

best tip I can give is to go to the plsa web site and get a copy of their up to date policies... if pre-school is a member they can get them at a cheaper cost... worth every penny..

you can then access them online in word to adapt and change to your requirements... so much easier than 're inventing the wheel' so to speak .

Inge

I would second Inge's post........but just add the caviat........you need to go through them carefully and make sure that they 'fit' your setting and where they don't - adapt them......but then I'm sure you don't need anyone to tell you that!

Crikey 'caviat' that's a good word for a Friday evening - hmmm...now I'm not sure about the spelling! :o

Hi as part of my new role as Preschool leader I have to update policies along with the commitee. The current ones are photocopied, long winded and not adapted from what I have seen. Although I have only been at the setting for 2 weeks I dont feel some of the Policies reflect the practice. Not having had this responsibility before I was hoping for some tips and suggestions?

Many thanks

C

Hi candidoodi,

This can be a nightmare if you are looking for some guidance try the Pre-school learning alliance policies and procedures book which you can order on the website. All the policies are written in line with the EYFS. You will need to make them your own but really help as a starting point.

Guest candidoodi

Thank you! a great help. Commitee meeting this week so hopefully go over them then as well.

Hope everyone is having a good week.

C

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)